1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Suggestion for Domain

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by AsadMoeen, Jul 9, 2011.

Okay I just wanted to be real sure about it. I'm not gonna reveal my keyword but suppose the keyword is "What is sex". The keyword has 4 Million global searches as seen through Google Adwords Tool at a low competition. It also has high traffic as seen through Google Insights. Now here's the deal.

Now when I search "What is sex", I see a lot of good rankings websites with a decent PR but none of them has the keyword in their domain name. Forget about "what is", they don't even have a keyword "sex" in their domain name.

For me,

WhatIsSex.ORG and WhatisSex.NET is available. I just want to be sure if those websites could be any hurdle to my #1 ranking at Google ? This looks interesting stuff.

AsadMoeen, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  2. MartinPrestovic

MartinPrestovic Peon

Best Answers:
    No they would not be any hurdle, but they may in the future.

Take a look at the following post by Rand Fishkin on SEOmoz, specifically look at the first two charts which show that exact match domains and more importantly .com exact match domains do particularly well when ranking in Google.

MartinPrestovic, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  3. TheCube

TheCube Peon

Best Answers:
    one thing to caveat to this - search engine have there own answer based system to questions and favour results pulled from databases. So your website wouldn't feature much in the eye of the user even if ranks well. Good ideas non the less.

TheCube, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  4. AsadMoeen

AsadMoeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Woah, that's awesome.

Btw, this looks a bit weird :

bing-v-google-exact-match-t.jpg bing-v-google-exact-match-t.jpg

How can .* rank better than .ORG and .NET! People here always told me that .COM, .ORG and .NET TLD are major ranking ones and they rank better than anything else even if the traffic is region specific. Whats up with that ?

5. AsadMoeen

AsadMoeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    This graph does seem tricky for .* :S

6. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Guest

Best Answers:
    look man you might be very sure about .com rankings and demand.Though .com becomes quite easy for seo and to get good rankings in various search engines too. But as per the global search i noticed in kw tool i would sat. net is not a bad deal to go through in search engines.

jacuzzi, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  7. SJshah

SJshah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its not just about the domain name, its about the actual content on your website.

If a website is fairly popular and has a topic with "what is sex" - it will probably be higher in rankings than a newly made site with the domain "whatissex.com" due to the fact that the other website is older and more recognised.

Of course, after some time your website should reach higher and higher in search pages if you publish the correct content containing the correct keywords and targettign the correct niche - eventually it should reach #1. This is, however, a long process.

Hope it helped.

SJshah, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  8. Sajeeb

Sajeeb Peon

Best Answers:
    You Can go google Adward & Search Key word & choose Best rank & less comparator keyword for Domain

Sajeeb, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  9. MartinPrestovic

MartinPrestovic Peon

Best Answers:
    Considering the huge number of domains which fall into the .* bracket it is most likely the volume that has pushed it above the .org and .net. If you were to break the .* down into all of the individual TLD's the .org and .net would probably outrank them all with the possible exception of some region specific searches.

MartinPrestovic, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  10. marshie

marshie Peon

Best Answers:
    Exact match .com is definately the way to go if you can get it. If you can't then add an insignificant letter or number to the domain such as "whatissexz.com"
    . Google will disregard the z

marshie, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  11. AsadMoeen

AsadMoeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    That looks great but how can you say that ?

AsadMoeen, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  12. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using targeted keywords in the domain name then it is useful for getting ranking on the search engines

Kiranraj, Jul 12, 2011 IP