1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it allowed according to adsense TOS?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by saksare, Jul 8, 2011.

I have seen many adsense experts to set the theme of your website or to format the adsense units in a way to match with each other. For example if you are putting an adsense square unit on your site...you should format adsense unitin away that its background and color schemes match with those of your website. Thsi is the technique many publishers are using on their website. I was just having a look on adsense TOS today and i was stuck on the following term:

1. Publishers cannot format ads so that they become indistinguishable from other content on that page.
    2. Publishers cannot format site content so that it is difficult to distinguish it from ads.

So doesn't it contradict what many people say about website and adsense blocks matching?? please guide me......thanks

saksare, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  2. joe23

joe23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't completely match the colors. I like having it go along with the theme but, let it stand out a little. You want people to see it.

joe23, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  3. crisT

crisT Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't blend in the ads too much. Actually, for some websites, I noticed that making the ads stand out increased the CTR.

crisT, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  4. saksare

saksare Member

Best Answers:
    but i have seen and many heard many people blending adsense with website to increase CTR. Don't they get banned??

saksare, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  5. sunl

sunl Peon

Best Answers:
    You can not Blend banners with Content for example if you want to add banner in article post you can not add banner like a manner that visitor see that banner as part of article. It should be little distinguished from Article. You can give border to banner or give some space between banner and article.

I think it will help you.

sunl, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  6. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    according to them its not allowed. but i am pretty sure that you will never be able to make the content and the ads totally same. and in my 3 years of adsense experience i have never heard or seen any account banned for this reason.
    thanks

digitalwebman06, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  7. brinkmedia

brinkmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    2nd - is done by tons of people and seems like it's ok. But as someone said here - it's better to have them stand out.
    1st - 1st pay check request and ban almost guaranteed or with lots of luck after some pay checks... But one nice sunny day ban is guaranteed

brinkmedia, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  8. saksare

saksare Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for your help and guide..

saksare, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  9. sasicbit

sasicbit Member

Best Answers:
    So far I have seen some of my friends making that and hiding away Adsense ads in between blog posts and other images. Google banned them lately , but I even now notice some people still do it. So I feel theres only a matter of time before Google looks at it.

sasicbit, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  10. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As long as it wouldn't cause the miss click or confuse the ads with image/words, then it will be fine

lifeplayer, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  11. y i m there

y i m there Peon

Best Answers:
    so thats ads in www.theajm.com is wrong ? not according to google policy ?

y i m there, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  12. abousherif010

abousherif010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for this great bonus and thank you for all the valuable information found in this topic

abousherif010, Jul 10, 2011 IP