1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My latest ad site with a twist: www.mmmzr.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mawooshen, Oct 10, 2006.

1. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice concept but shouldn't this stop after say $1024(whose gonna put $2048 for a PR6 link and few hundred curosity clicks?) ? :D and yes as TOPS said, encash on the idea right now becuase its life is not more than 3 months(even less).

I think after reaching $128 reduce the increase from 200% to 150 and than to 125% so after $128 links are filled, the next link will be of $192 and not $256. Ofcourse you also have to adjust payment ratio as well.This will increase the life of the game and will give you more chance to promote it will.

poseidon, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    You can't change the rules after 20 or so people have paid good money...

It only takes one rich nutter who wants the top spot to put down a few grand for publicity - don't assume it won't happen.

T0PS3O, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  3. Anteros

Anteros Peon

Best Answers:
    That's right. I assumed nobody would spend more than $20 but as you see, $128 spots are being sold.

Anteros, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  4. Forum-Angels

Forum-Angels Peon

Best Answers:
    Where is he lol, I orderd my spot ages ago! He really should look into an automated system, so the buttons are listed automatically.

Also does anyone think he should add another two colums? There seems to be plenty of white space on either side..
    Just a suggestion :)

Forum-Angels, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  5. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    made 32 buck already..if everything is bought i should make $360 ..damn that's fast...all beside the first row got pushed down..need to buy more to push myself back to top!!

ahkip, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  6. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I am not sure about the visiibility of the site currently, if it hasn't catch up yet(I mean I can only see all those fat DP members AV only on the site) than he can leave this site and can start a newer one far more improved like automation and the way progress is done. Also I think there should be more to the offering for the one who is at top(bigger logo may be) so that the guy atleast get feeling of getting something more than the once who are below him.

I am still uncomfortable on the prospect of someone buying $2048 link(with inadequate incentives) but ya,I have to agree that this internet world is full of NUTS :D

poseidon, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  7. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    just made another 32 buck :D:D:D:D I love NUTS

ahkip, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  8. mawooshen

mawooshen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey people, thanks again for the good suggestions and all the interest!

Just a few points about the site:

About automation... I do like the sound of getting it all automated, but I also think it's not really worth the trouble... why? Because as it is I have to check each site and ad button anyway and often have to tweak the button design a little first to make it acceptable so uploads could never be instant after payment. As I'm not at my computer 24/7 this is what creates the delay :) Automation would speed up the process by 10 minutes or so at best.

The other benefit of automation would be that people would know instantly that a slot had been booked if I automatically uploaded a reserved button on payment. The problem with that is that when there are many orders I just get a huge list of reserved buttons up on the front page which looks terrible and uninviting... The way it is now all that happens is that I have to refund people once in a while because there are no more slots at their price left.
    I could however change the form a little to allow the customer the option of setting a maximum price in their chosen column or a set price in any available column... hmm that could work... don't want to complicate it too much though.

I think there are benefits to automation, but I'm not sure they're really worth the trouble.

About publicity and marketing:

The reason why I posted this site to the site review forums was (suprisingly enough) to get as much feedback on the site and the concept as possible so that I could polish it and get it ready for a proper release. The site is looking very different from what it did when I first posted it! I'm still tweaking the site and the rules and trying to take on board all the suggestions posted here before I start working on the marketing side, because then I really won't have time and will be committed to what I've got going already.

The fact that so many people have shown interest in the site is great and will hugely increase its impact when I start my marketing campaign. The thing to remember about high prices is that the prices themselves and the fact that people are paying them directly contributes to the site's value and potential for publicity. People enjoy and flock to success and they will want to see who has been paying these prices.

Finally about the layout... originally I wanted to grey out the ad buttons below the top line but that seemed to add an unecessary complication and made uploading the buttons even slower. I agree though that the top buttons should be made a little more prominent.
    I have a couple of ideas:

1.As was suggested increase their size a little, but that might mess up the look of the site a little.
    2. Add some space in between the top row and the column titles above and the rest of the buttons below. This is the easiest option.
    3. Reintroduce the greying out effect (color on rollover). This is probably the most effective way to do it but would be a bit more of a hassle...

Any other ideas out there?

If I've got time, I'll create quick mockups of each look and post them here.

Wow that was a long post! :eek:

As you can see the site still has some polishing to go before the marketing but it's not long now! (we're already only a few ads away from TOPS30's prophetic dream!):D

mawooshen, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  9. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    can you clarify how much you have earned so far please as im having an argument with someone :p

According to member stats you have only received $703, but give away 75%, yet ysf1 says you must have made over $1k

Explain please..

Glen, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  10. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    he should have received

4*128 = 512
    7*64 = 448
    7*32 = 224
    7*16 = 112
    7*8 = 56
    7*4 = 28
    7*2 = 14
    7*1 = 7

TOTAL = 1401

and don't forget he don't have to refund the top position, so he can keep 512 + 3*64 = 704
    and 25 % of (1401-704) = 84

ahkip, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  11. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    well, i said a grand in like 2 weeks

I didn't actually calculate it to $834 or whatever it is

Its still close enough to be impressive

yfs1, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  12. Anteros

Anteros Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a little question.

Are the ad spaces like the million pixel thing in which you can resell the spot?

Anteros, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  13. phree_radical

phree_radical Peon

Best Answers:
    The people who mostly want it automated are the ones here who are already addicted to it and want to give it a go again and again. What if they were able to buy a new spot without re-uploading their icon or having their site re-reviewed?

I love this idea btw. Can you patent it? You better do it before I make the version where the links bought are shown across 1,000 MySpace profiles. Haha. :confused:

phree_radical, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  14. Nikolas

Nikolas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am impressed that I haven't seen any copycat yet :)

Anyway this was a nice idea, and it looks like usefull too. One of the members in my forum bought an ad for it (with his referal link) and allready came three new members to the forum from this, so I guess this site must have some decent traffic.

Good luck :)

Nikolas, Oct 26, 2006 IP
  15. mawooshen

mawooshen Peon

Best Answers:
    mawooshen, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  16. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I see my click throughs increase steadily. Now have 30 from the first button.

T0PS3O, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  17. seo-ireland

seo-ireland Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow traffic has just started to pick up nicely. Looks like $8 well spent and doubled :D

Well done, I hope Seth's mention will be the start of something huge for Mmmzr.

seo-ireland, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  18. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    looks like I should be expecting a payment in column A :D

yfs1, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  19. mawooshen

mawooshen Peon

Best Answers:
    You are indeed! Just to let anyone on DP who's expecting a payment that I'll get onto it as soon as I have a moment, but it might take a little longer than usual!

Just got swamped by orders and am deeply, deeply regretting the lack of automation you guys recommended!! :D

Really glad the click throughs are coming in!

mawooshen, Oct 27, 2006 IP
  20. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Holy Schmoly! So people actually pay $512 for a poxy little button!

I'm preparing my consultancy invoice now Mr Tadashi! :D

Glad to see my dream is becoming reality. Anyone wanting me to dream about their website, PM me and I'll tell you my PayPal address ;)

T0PS3O, Oct 27, 2006 IP