1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does that mean anyone can screw anyone's reputation deliberately?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Ausdrez, Jul 5, 2011.

First of all, let me inform that I am aware of those usual things repeated numerous times:

1. Itraders are not "USUALLY" handled by admins.
    2. Itraders are about to go away and are in shawn's infamous "Todo" list.
    3. Admins are also not "USUALLY" jump in between member's disputes

However, the case here is different (At least this is what I think). Since it is not a case of dispute, mediation, shady business practices, etc. It is a clearly visible case of a itrader system abuse. A couple days ago, I received a negative itrader from someone ( http://forums.digitalpoint.com/itrader_detail.php?ir=608650&u=445760). The ironic thing is, that I know literally nothing about the user, we had no deal, no communication, nothing what so ever. Saw the username only first time when I got the rating. I immediately send the user a PM to clarify it - no response though.
    So it is either a confusion on user's end (he was supposed to send the rating for someone else) - or a deliberate attempt to play with my reputation. Being a premium member, all my previous ratings, threads, feedback etc can be compared to reach to the clear decision. Further funny thing is, that the user who left the rating has himself 3 negative ratings in a row, and left 4 negatives to other members! Is it like every one on DP he deals with is a cheater? Or better perception, he "Was" (banned now) a user only to play with others reputation.

Now, the user is banned for having duplicate accounts (obviously) and for abusing itrader. Since he is banned, I wonder why the itrader hasn't been removed. It takes a lot of hard work, and we always have to be extra careful in every deal to not even shift a little so that someone even remotely gets a chance to play with us. But what do you do when some stranger comes out of blue and without you knowing anything, hits you a negative on the head? Is it really that easy that someone can create an account from different location, make 25 posts, wait 15 days and can screw anyone's reputation out there? Really, if it happened with me, it can happen to any fellow reputed member. What would you do if it happens with you?

Please don't say "you have to live with it" - I know, and I am exploring my options. But in the meantime, I would really appreciate if any admin/mod can have even a single look over the users profile/itraders - just only once and all the picture would be clear itself. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/itrader.php?u=381489
    Finally, I am not asking any kind of mediation from mods. It is not like we had some deal, and something didn't work out and now it is hard to diagnose. It is a clear case of foul actions - when the user didn't have any PM/Email communication (which can be verified with DPs Records) - how can leave an itrader without any deal? It is instead a case of forum's rating system abuse, which definitely should be looked by the reputed mods/admins here to remove the particular itrader.

We really can't allow such this to play with anyone's hard earned reputation. Can we?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
    Ausdrez, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  2. amirk

amirk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well , I am completely agree with "Ausdrez" . I have seen a lot of trusted and reputed members encountered this problem before . And in my opinion mods have to take an action against of these works . I have done a lot of deals with OP and I think he is one of those truthful members of DP and I can understand his concern .

@ mods : Just imagine the mentioned user comes and puts a negative feedback for you ! What will happen next ? So please help other members when they receive such a nasty feedbacks .

amirk, Jul 6, 2011 IP
    Ausdrez likes this.
  3. Ausdrez

Ausdrez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly! If Shawn can think that way...

This is really going mad now. Today, probably another sockpuppet of the previous user left me a negative itrader for nothing. That user is also banned but he left another stain on my profile.

I really wish some proper action to be taken in this regards and deserves a closer look.

Ausdrez, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  4. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think the only solution would be to interlace the iTrader system with the PayPal API so no iTrader can be given without the money flowing between the member's PayPal accounts .

ApocalypseXL, Jul 7, 2011 IP
  5. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Same hapenned to me. The two negative itraders given to me are from the same person who has been banned now for duplicte but my negative itrader hasent been removed. I dont know if mods know this but a negative does much ore destruction then a poitive itrader constructs if you know what i mean.

laxman363, Jul 7, 2011 IP
    akasheg likes this.
  6. amirk

amirk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats Ausdrez ,

Now you can check your Itrader , Please don't nag more than this :D

amirk, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  7. CyberWizard

CyberWizard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +1 for removal of itrader from the user who has been banned / or from the user who gave false itrader be it +ve or -ve

PLEASE do look into it :)

CyberWizard, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  8. alfalogic

alfalogic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The name speaks it all: "iTrader". And not "iOpinion" or similar thing. It's about trading and not about how someone thinks about others.

It should be ONLY allowed to give iTrader (Just like in eBay) after successfull sale/trade.

I received 2 negative iTrader's from the same account for the same post - and no one cares (I mean the mods and admins). Tried to complain but no results and no reply.

alfalogic, Jul 22, 2011 IP