1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

URGENT: Subdomain redirects to subfolder?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by miksy123, Jul 6, 2011.

Hello,

I created a subdomain like subdomain.domain.com and it redirects to subfolder domain.com/subdomain! I don't want the server to do this! Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance!

miksy123, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  2. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Assuming that you are using cPanel, check your subdomain section to see if there is any redirect being added. Alternatively try creating a new .htaccess as the redirect must be due to an existing one.

forexaff, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  3. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    .htaccess in root folder or in subdomain folder?

miksy123, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  4. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Most likely the root folder. Take a backup of the htaccess first before you delete it, unless you made any change to the subdomain as well then you might want to delete the htaccess in the subfolder as well. Either ways, try with root folder first followed by subdomain if the first method doesn't work.

forexaff, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  5. miksy123

miksy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    What's better for overall site SEO? Should I use subdomains or subfolders?

miksy123, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  6. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Depends on what you are using the subdomains for. On a larger scale, subdomain would definitely help if you include your keyword there. Another use of subdomains is you can create it./ru./es. language specific subdomain and so on.

If I were you i'd be using subdomains to target a keyword and folders to create landing/squeeze pages

forexaff, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  7. devangvisaria

devangvisaria Peon

Best Answers:
    Using Subfolder is more helpful then using subdomain as promoting Subdomain will be consuming more efforts bcause your presently links wont be calculated for subdomain but it will be added for promotion of subfolder.

devangvisaria, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  8. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well I differ to your opinion on this one. Of the 3 sites i've worked on, the subdomains got indexed quite faster (incl. SD's that were open purely for testing purposes).

I guess the question of 'efforts' comes into play from a different perspective. Things like how often is your page being crawled, the freshness of your site and so on. If you have a fairly decent site with a good number of indexed pages, subdomain would be quite an easy thing to do.

forexaff, Jul 6, 2011 IP