1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate Content Question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Pathan, Jul 3, 2011.

Hello,

I want to clear my mind about Google duplicate content issue. Lets say i have a mobile related website, and as you know many mobile software/games/themes are compatible among lots of mobile models.

Now for example if we have some software for Nokia E63 and those software are also compatible with Nokia E72 now definitely i will copy all Nokia E63 software to Nokia E72 page. Mean Nokia E63 and Nokia E72 Pages will have same type of content.

My question is does Google Duplicate Content plenty also applicable on (ON SITE DUPLICATE CONTENT PAGES)?

-Regards.

Pathan, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  2. mubashirnisar

mubashirnisar Banned

Best Answers:
    yes that also counts in duplicate contents,and you should use canonical urls for that if you are going to have duplicate contents on site..or you can merge them and use tags pages instead with nofollow

mubashirnisar, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  3. seoviviti

seoviviti Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes this is duplicate content, but this is not going to impact that much. If you are writing the content and using them on different website then it will count as duplicate and google never index second submitted content.

seoviviti, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  4. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it wont affect your reputations that much because if you see a software called abcd.exe will be with the same name on all the sites of the same niche with the same name so it does not mean that they are duplicating, it is possible that this software makers has allowed its marketing to different sites.

arshid, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  5. Neagu Ionut

Neagu Ionut Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you will be affected, I have seen bigger issues on other websites and no penalty or something.In my opinion you need to keep on google index relevant pages only, for example if you have 2 phones : nokia e63 and nokia e72, it's ok to have 2 pages, even you have some part of content the same , because I'm sure that there is unique content too, and if someone looks for e63 he don't want to see page for e72 .But for example if you have 1 post with nokia e63 and some tags, like : cheap nokia e63, nokia e63 review (those tags means separate pages ), this is a duplicate content issue.Google don't need in his index 3 identical pages for nokia e63, 1 is enough.

Neagu Ionut, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  6. blank_czech

blank_czech Active Member

Best Answers:
    It might hurt you a little, but in your situation, since the content is relevant, you should be okay.

blank_czech, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  7. Pathan

Pathan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some people saying it will hurt some people saying its OK, i am confused :(

Still waiting for better response.

Pathan, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  8. eamo

eamo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think as it's your own content anyway on the same site that it will not hurt.

eamo, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  9. Kiss33

Kiss33 Banned

Best Answers:
    If your name is attached to both sites it's not duplicate content. So if you own both sites than no but if you own one and someone else owns another and you copy their content than yes it counts as duplicate content.

Kiss33, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  10. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Seen countless mobile sites with same content.. it's a duplicate but probably won't hurt you or anything.

Justin_Dupre, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  11. nisha.sharma

nisha.sharma Peon

Best Answers:
    yes that's correct. If you are having copy contents it would hurt to your site.

nisha.sharma, Jul 6, 2011 IP