1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to Adsense, Questions

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by virilemag, Jul 4, 2011.

Hello everyone! I'm new to Google Adsense and I have a couple of general questions. I will make this short and sweet.

1.) How much could you stand to make off of Adsense once you have an established amount of traffic (i.e. sub 200k ranking in Alexa)? I would like to know what estimated benchmarks I could expect to make when I reach that point if everything is done correctly. It's hard for me to fathom a large income coming from $0.01 clicks.

2.) Can your advertise Adsense and affiliate programs on the same site? What about paid membership sites? The information I find on this topic is very vague.

3.) Are there any Adsense competitors that are worth looking at? I used to deal in affiliate marketing and CCBILL was king. I did not have good experiences with anything outside of that (i.e. Verotel). I'm wondering if it's the same dynamic with Adsense.

4.) How do you get those huge ads that take over the whole background of some websites? You usually see them for TV show premiers or movies. Is that some type of direct advertising offered to larger sites?

virilemag, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  2. datastage

datastage Peon

Best Answers:
    1) The earnings of your website are depends on the relevant traffic to your site. And yes, if alexa ranking increased that means you are getting good traffic . And you can earn good money with good traffic.
    2)Yup, You can advertise the adsense and affiliate programs in the same web page.
    3)Competitor for adsense are not there in the market . They are number in the advertising market.
    4)Ads presented in the sites are through third party codings, or through there own advertising banners.

datastage, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  3. TBFSearch

TBFSearch Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I was also wondering about number 4)

TBFSearch, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  4. neeteshdp

neeteshdp Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for this information.

neeteshdp, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  5. virilemag

virilemag Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks!

About #4 I'm still slightly confused. How do they obtain the ads? I'm assuming by directly contacting certain advertisers instead of through Adsense?

One last thing that's bugging me about Adsense is the overall method of becoming successful with it. It's hard for me to fathom just how serious income can be generated at pennies-on-the-click once my site is established. I'm sure I'm probably under estimating the process.....

virilemag, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  6. solutionxtra

solutionxtra Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome To The Pre-Launch Phase
    We are glad to have you on board E-Business Network International (EBN).

As Stated in our website front pages, this is a Company that is committed to bringing out the Millionaire in you while giving you the education, lifestyle and financial freedom that you deserve.

It is important to note that during our prelaunch phase, that a couple of links in the back-office might not function properly as we had disabled them to allow us a perfect finishing especially with our product section of the members back-office. We do apologize for this and ask that you be a little patient with us and please do not panic. Also kindly help us educate your team members on this issue especially those new to the industry.

We Would like to let you know that the EBN network was not setup primarily for the so called Network marketing pros or internet business pros who are only looking for an opportunity to make the so called “Million dollar” which for some, they still have not been able to achieve. EBN primary focus is on the “e-Business uneducated” the class we might refer to as the grass root people of every nation, People who have little or no knowledge of internet businesses and network marketing as well as little computer knowledge. We aim at bringing the basic computer and internet knowledge education that they require to be able to successfully make money online to them.

We have structured our income plan to ensure that everybody who joins EBN and do what Is expected of them , would earn $100,000 as well as not only qualify for incentives, but receive these physical incentives that includes the blackberry phone, laptop and Free Toyota Car. In EBN, we believe that it is better to have several thousands of people earn even $100,000 than have 10 people earn $1 Million.

We wish you the Best.
    ebn(dot)biz/wealth
    EBN Management.

solutionxtra, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  7. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    First off.. your benchmark for adsense should be your daily unique visits and not Alexa. As I mentioned in another thread, there are various ways to fake alexa rank. Your focus should be on increasing daily visits so that it gives you a higher probability of clicks.

The best way to improve your adsense earnings is to play around with the positioning on a monthly basis. From my personal experience, when placing adsense block next to the comments block has increased my CTR. Likewise you need to look at your site's heatmap (content overlay in analytics) and place ads in high areas of clicks.

The big ads you are referring to are not usually served by Google (unless you are a CNN or Fox News). What you need to do is look for an affiliate network that offers bigger dimenion banners, 600x800 and so on and then display them. You would need to create a script however in order to display such type of ads.

The simple penny clicks can soon convert to big bucks if your CTR can be improved. Also it depends on other factors such as are the clicks converting to sales. Google considers lots of factors when they set an adsense price for your website.

For now, i'd say you just focus on improving/increasing your daily visits and position adsense until you find the right places. Also note that you cannot place more than 3 blocks on a page.

Hope this helps and good luck!

forexaff, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  8. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    number of visitors is not the main fact. you have to choose the right kind of keywords which have a good CPC. then you will be able to earn a lot.
    yes you can show different affiliate links in the same page where adsense ads are viewed.
    i don't think there are any adsense competitors.
    Dude we don't get ads. we just display it and Google randomly change it :)

digitalwebman06, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  9. virilemag

virilemag Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks. Very informative! Do you know of any of these affiliates that offer larger banner sizes?

One of my sites that I ran a competitive anlysis on is MadeMen.com. Somehow they are using google ads, yet their ads never change unless you move to another section of the website. The ads are HIGHLY targeted IMO. You click on a post about superhero movies, a best buy ad specifically geared towards "nerds" comes up and stays there no matter what. How is that possible? Do you have to have heavy amounts of traffic to control your adspace like that?

I run a men's interests/lifestyle site so I doubt my readers are going to be clicking on ads for office supply, mortgage information and so on.

virilemag, Jul 22, 2011 IP