1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What do you think about politicians that do this?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rebecca, Jul 2, 2011.

The Colbert Report was making fun of Rick Scott, Governor of Florida for having a pre-written letter of praise on his site, to send out to major newspaper editors. It starts out, "When Rick Scott ran for Governor he promised to create jobs and turn our economy around. I voted for Rick because he’s always been a businessman, not a politician..."

Source (read the rest): RickScottforFlorida.com

I've seen petitions with pre-written letters, but haven't seen anything exactly like this. The letter is written in a way that sounds like it's from a regular voter, and the target is only news editors. So, he wants news editors to like him more? With that said, I don't know anything about him, he probably doesn't perceive this in the same way that some have. But, it does seem a little unusual. Here is the video of the Colbert Report, he starts talking about Rick Scott at about 1:45...

[video]http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/390704/june-27-2011/tip-wag--scented-razors-and-rick-scott-s-approval-rating?xrs=share_copy[/video]

Personally, I think it would be acceptable for a politician to have a form on their site to send letters of praise about them to newspaper editors; however, I think it should be in their own words. Have you seen other politicians doing this?

Rebecca, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  2. jijarm

jijarm Peon

Best Answers:
    yes politicians are very corrupt

jijarm, Jul 3, 2011 IP