1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I failed to market this website, what failed?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by clades, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Dismatikz

Dismatikz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have an anime website, http://www.animepalm.com/ --- it has over 1,700 Anime series, and over 34,000 Episodes. Done over 2 years, and kept updated daily by myself, and my offline friend, Flay. 2 people only, so I don't see what the problem is.

Dismatikz, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  2. CoverGraphix.com

CoverGraphix.com Peon

Best Answers:
    You have 700 visits a day?

Well, you should be able to make 2 cents off each visitor. When I build and run a site, I plan to always make 2 or more cents off each visitor. That would be $14 per day. This is a very LOWBALL figure. A good site will make .50 cents per visitor. Average is probably 8 - 10 cents.

Heck, if you were only making 1 cent per visitor you would bring you $210 per month.

Are you running it for a hobby or a business?

If it is your hobby, then that's fine, but if you are running it for profit, then you have some real problems.

Adsense is a terrible way to make REAL money by the way, but that is another topic entirely.

When I visit the site I do not see any ads. I have to look for them. That is the opposite of how it should be.

You want to make money, then the ads should be front and center. They should be compelling and make people want to click them, since that is the only way you make any money.

I prefer affiliate products myself, that pay $20+ per sale over 2-10 cents per click.

CoverGraphix.com, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  3. dragons5

dragons5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no information on the characters, just a picture

consider beefing up the data (i.e. shows portrayed in, snippets about character, etc..) DONT use description content from a DB or other provider. instead email your users asking that they write something about a character.

i also agree with the person who said to tye in dvd, books, etc.. related to teh character or the shows.

then work on your link building. you get demolished by much bigger websites.

perhaps allow people to put a badge of their favorite anime character on their blog, etc.. something like I <3 Daisuke Niwa. with his picture and a link below to either his profile or your home page.

dragons5, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  4. clades

clades Peon

Best Answers:
    Any further action on such a zero niche would be INSANE/CRAZY...won't move a finger...i will watch domain die!! :D
    I dont care if the domain registrar parks it, i've already tested the parking stuff and it gives $0 per day lol :p

clades, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  5. DyGy

DyGy Active Member

Best Answers:
    May I buy this site? :p

DyGy, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  6. stevenh

stevenh Peon

Best Answers:
    How does a site with 700 uniques a day only earn $5 in a month? One of my sites only gets 700 uniques a month and makes $40-50 off adsense. My shopping directory (before I sold it) had about 600 uniques a day and was churning over $1000 a month in adsense rev's alone. Even a poorly laid out site should be earning 100x what you're making.

stevenh, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  7. clades

clades Peon

Best Answers:
    Its all about niche...your niches probably worth money, this one doesn't worth the web space it wastes...
    There were a lot of $0.01 and $0 clicks...there were months were it wouldn't get a single click...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
    clades, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  8. clades

clades Peon

Best Answers:
    Today i got 6 clicks with made...1 cent. That what this niche is about!

clades, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  9. Pulpseed

Pulpseed Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe try focusing on a more direct "conversation" with visitors? Have poll questions up top. Ask episode specific questions that could spark group convos. Maybe even add an rpg component. Overall, you can try a more energetic design and focus energy on inspiring activity. Articles and video clips with comment sections could help with adsense. You might want to sell anime content as well.

Pulpseed, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  10. dship70

dship70 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well, whatever you do, don't just drop the site. You could probably make some money by selling the domain since it ranks fairly well on google (first page with the quotes and 2nd page without the quotes).

dship70, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  11. Dismatikz

Dismatikz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you willing to sell it? If so, for how much?

Dismatikz, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  12. clades

clades Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know how much is it worth.

clades, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  13. ThePayRoll

ThePayRoll Peon

Best Answers:
    If the site is 3 years old, and only getting 700 UV's a day, and you only made $5 within 3 years, I'd just give it up.

ThePayRoll, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  14. clades

clades Peon

Best Answers:
    I probably won't give up, I've never expected it to win much, all my competitors only got successful because they sold to companies who could pay people to update the content, my only goal was to earn enough to pay the hosting and offer users a friendly character DB they could interact with.
    I always ran it as a hobby and its a user made database, if I give up from it, all the efforts members did will go to a waste.

clades, Jul 26, 2011 IP