1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the point + 1 of google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by godonghijau, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ALX-VALLEJO

ALX-VALLEJO Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommended that we place this on our site to my client but they recently decided to take it down for 2 reasons:

1. It slows the site down
    2. There is no reason on this forum that convinces a business owner to place it on their website, especially because no one has claimed that it actually works.

ALX-VALLEJO, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  2. ALX-VALLEJO

ALX-VALLEJO Peon

Best Answers:
    I recently came across this article: http://www.digett.com/blog/04/13/2011/seo-value-google-1-button

I'm gonna be blunt. When you tell someone to install the Google +1 page on their website because it SHOULD give them the necessary traction to reach critical mass, its misleading.

It's the same as telling a family to own a panic room in case of a terrorist attack. It SHOULD protect them but the reality is, there is no immediate reason to install the Google +1. There is no demand for it, as of today.

ALX-VALLEJO, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  3. Bryan Gray

Bryan Gray Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, it will eventually have an effect on serps, it ads a human dimension to the algorithm.

Bryan Gray, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  4. kiddo

kiddo Peon

Best Answers: