1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How accurate is Google Traffic estimator and keyword tool

Discussion in 'Google' started by navjeevan85, Jun 28, 2011.

Hi
    Recently i was just searching for some keyword and traffic estimates for it on Google Adwords. The results which came out were strange.

For Example: The keyword "Travel India" gives the Global Monthly Searches at 450,000 per month. But the estimated daily clicks (with the maximum bid) for that same keyword is 150 per day OR 4500 per month.

Now according to the above, there is a huge difference between 450,000 searches per month and the 4500 clicks only per month.

How is it possible. Is google giving us the correct information or not? Is 450,000 searches per month are correct or not?

Please advice me on it.
    Thanks

navjeevan85, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  2. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its very hard to rely just on one tool, use multiple available online tools

simple007, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  3. navjeevan85

navjeevan85 Peon

Best Answers:
    what are other multiple tools...can u give me some example

navjeevan85, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You analysis is flawed. First, you should be looking at "exact match" not "broad match" to know the exact number of searches for specific keywords. Next, you have to understand that even if you are ranking #1 you don't get 100% of the clicks. Typically you will only get 40-50% of the traffic.

dcristo, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  5. akasheg

akasheg Member

Best Answers:
    This is the exact answer.

Anyways if you are doing some keyword research its always better to use more than a single tool to be more precise. You can use Wordtracker which is a paid tool.

akasheg, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  6. AJC7

AJC7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you check the "[Exact]" check box when you use the keyword tool to get more accurrate results.

Check out <a href="www.resume-center.net">The Resume Center</a> for great information for the working professional!

AJC7, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  7. AJC7

AJC7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you check the "[Exact]" check box when you use the keyword tool to get more accurrate results.

Check out
    <a href="www.resume-center.net">The Resume Center</a>
    HTML:
    for great information for the working professional!

AJC7, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  8. jwmann2

jwmann2 Peon

Best Answers:
    don't worry about all of that. You want organic traffic and all will come naturally if you know what you are doing, create backlinks, post in forums, facebook walls, etc. I'm sure your keyword will do just fine.

jwmann2, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  9. twikxer

twikxer Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally have tried several, and I usually go back to Market Samurai, even though it has been a bit buggy lately. While it's sometimes hard to say which tools are the most accurate (they use different sources and some, like Google's, might have reason to inflate), they can all be useful in their own way.

I like Market Samurai's interface and other built in tools such as its competition analysis. A free alternative is Traffic Travis, which is also pretty good.

twikxer, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  10. VinaJJones589

VinaJJones589 Peon

Best Answers:
    you all said right, it should be attention that, "Exact match" should be checked, but I still now familiar with the competency, do you think this is a reliable data for reference and not include google's own ads promotion trends in it ?

VinaJJones589, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  11. MrRed

MrRed Peon

Best Answers:
    I use semrush as well, which I've found to be quite accurate.

MrRed, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  12. TheMissingLink007

TheMissingLink007 Peon

Best Answers:
    i like google adwords tool but i wouldnt do ppc i would do facebook ads much cheaper.

TheMissingLink007, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  13. jcyber

jcyber Active Member

Best Answers:
    it is not fake many persons search the key word and few of them click on the site(increase traffic), so that's is a very much normal situation.

jcyber, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  14. dynamicsoul

dynamicsoul Member

Best Answers:
    The answer you need is given above.. you need to use exact results to see what people are typing in "exact" rather than a broad search with your term included.

The tool is also just an estimate. Years ago people were able to find really well searched keywords which Google had no estimates for by setting up a landing page, creating an advert that people would not click on.. and find them selves some no competition keywords. For example, creating a campaign for "travel insurance" setting you bid high so you come in top page, and then having an add like "travel insurance at $1000 per trip for the over 80s".. something that people were unlikely to click on. You got to see the impressions of they keywords for real rather than estimates.. They have ad scores now to help combat this technique.. but it was good while it lasted, and to this day I still have 2 keywords which work great on a site and Google estimates > 10 traffic for per month :)

dynamicsoul, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  15. roilin

roilin Peon

Best Answers:
    in my view,not 100% accurate, just take rough estimate for us, take it as reference and need add your judement before making decide.

roilin, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  16. georgefuller

georgefuller Member

Best Answers:
    true there are no exact traffic result.. but in my seo career.. I'm sticking with statcounter and GA.. results are almost the same. so everytime I do a site analysis I always include the tools/Url tools that I used so that the client will have a basis for the result.

georgefuller, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  17. Lincherry

Lincherry Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd advise you to look at exact match in semrush. It's quite accurate service in my opinion.

Lincherry, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  18. twitch10

twitch10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Samurai is quite nice, but it's not really an alternative to Google as all of the data it presents is drawn from google's traffic estimator tool.

twitch10, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  19. Dotcom B

Dotcom B Peon

Best Answers:
    No tools are accurate. I believe Google tools are the best one around and the best thing is its free!

Dotcom B, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  20. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The normal bone of contention is that the traffic estimator is actually higher than advertised, so traffic can be more than what it states, ofcourse this can fluctuate on the time of the year, holiday seasons e.t.c

golfpro1, Aug 13, 2011 IP