1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good Source for Free & Legal Icons

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by RogerDodgr, Jun 25, 2011.

I will not steal any copyrighted images.

I'm just getting back into web development, and I keep needing icons. For example, right now I need a pencil (edit icon) and a red 'x' (delete icon).

I don't have time to waste. These are such simple things that you would think I could find a free (as in free beer and no strings attached) one that I like in 20 minutes or less. I keep running into 'linkware' liscenses which i am guessing requires an inbound link.

Where do you go for free, legal, 100% legit logos without getting a headache over licensing schemes?

RogerDodgr, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  2. Eroder

Eroder Peon

Best Answers:
    Been using some icons from iconarchive (be sure to read the licensing for each iconset as free and commercial are mixed) but there are plenty of free sites out there. Google is your friend ;)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
    Eroder, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  3. RogerDodgr

RogerDodgr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been there. I just went there again. It is a good site, but to make my point... I just found an icon set that seemed interesting; I read the terms... and found out that it's for "private desktop use only". Aprox. time wasted = ~5 minutes.

RogerDodgr, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  4. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Beside getting a ready made icon, I suggest you to make your own Icon for much appropriate to your site...It is better to have your own icon, you can make it using "Icon Maker"...

Guisbar, Jun 27, 2011 IP
    RogerDodgr likes this.
  5. RogerDodgr

RogerDodgr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rep added Guisbar. That is interesting. Does not solve the problem, per se, but could be an option in some cases.

----------
    Regarding the original intention of my question, it would be appreciated if someone could answer this:
    Do some of these logo sites allow for searching by license type? If so, which particular sites?

RogerDodgr, Jun 27, 2011 IP