1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Place for Free Website Templates?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by GingerApple, Jun 11, 2011.

Hi,

I need some free website templates for some new projects and I'm trying to find some really beautiful, sleek designs but all the templates on 'traditional' free website template sites look dated. Has anyone got any good sites to try?

Thanks

GA

GingerApple, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  2. ponsankari

ponsankari Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I would suggest you to try free web design templates , as they provide numerous web templates that are well categorized.. The templates are easy to install and highly customizable. one.. Just try with this free exciting web templates...

ponsankari, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  3. starme

starme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  4. GingerApple

GingerApple Peon

Best Answers:
    Great, thanks!

GingerApple, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  5. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    rashida, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  6. DBSIT

DBSIT Peon

Best Answers:
    Find 60 High Quality Free Web Templates and Layouts : hongkiat.com/blog/60-high-quality-free-web-templates-and-layouts

DBSIT, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  7. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe you can try by Free CSS Templates

search another resource for downloading free website templates. Here, you can search for templates by categories. So, it will take you only a few minutes to find the design you need.

wekop, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  8. neil.johnson

neil.johnson Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey hi ..just go to the link bestfreetemplates.info. here you will get good templates. hope it will help you thank you.

neil.johnson, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  9. jack170794

jack170794 Member

Best Answers:
    Here's one for you.

jack170794, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  10. natyk

natyk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe here you will find sth else: www.bktemplates.com

natyk, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  11. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    MobileInternet, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  12. Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend using Wordpress as they have an almost unlimited supply of different templates to give your sites a unique look and feel (not to mention Wordpress is so easy to use).

I recently wrote an article displaying my favorite picks of free, responsive Wordpress themes. It came out to about 20 different themes - all free, all responsive (mobile ready!). Enjoy.

Best Free Wordpress Themes - Thriftypreneur

Thriftypreneur, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  13. gacedieu1

gacedieu1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Check this one out, great free theme http://nexusthemes.com/?campaign=ftr

gacedieu1, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  14. danyalsadd

danyalsadd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    best place in my opinion http://www.templateism.com/

danyalsadd, Sep 18, 2013 IP
  15. xtreme777

xtreme777 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://themeforest.net once a month posts a free premium template. I am surprised to see that nobody mentioned them. A great place to get free and buy premium website templates.

Some of the templates mentioned here are also useful. Thank you.

Best of luck!

xtreme777, Sep 19, 2013 IP
  16. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Off the shelf templates from scam artist whorehouses like TemplateMonster or ThemeForest are one of the fastest roads to /FAIL/ out there. The steaming pile of inaccessible bloated trash you get from them are generally the antithesis of accessible design and sane content delivery due to the ineptitude of the developers involved and your basically having to shoe-horn your content into a design that it wasn't built for like stuffing a fat woman's size 14 hoof into a size 7 shoe.

It is one of the most idiotic decisions one can make in building a website - that this nonsense has taken over the industry by preying on the ignorance of the average person who wants a website induces disgust to the point of nausea.

Build your content, mark it up semantically, then bend the markup to your will using CSS for the layoutS -- YES, PLURAL. Anything else is a steaming pile of manure thanks to taking a sleazy shortcut or letting people who have no business developing sites tell you how to build a site.

Basically, there is no 'best place', because off the shelf 'templates' are completely inept bull that are little more than scams, nube predation, and destroying the usefulness of the Internet one site at a time!

-- edit -- wow, didn't notice this was a bump of a two year old topic.

deathshadow, Sep 22, 2013 IP
  17. xtreme777

Best Answers:
    @deathshadow:

While I agree 100% with everything you said, some people (newbies mostly) do not have the skills and money to hire a professional web developer. Getting a template is a quick temp solution for them; however, I can't disagree that building a site from the scratch is the best way.
    P.S. Some of the templates may also be useful if searching for design ideas.

xtreme777, Dec 24, 2013 IP
  18. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Now, I just had a recent incident that (as you can tell from my more recent posts) has made me a bit more hostile on the subject, but right now these sleazeball fucktard scam artists with their 'templates' are only partly to blame.

To be brutally frank if you can't take the time to learn to do it right, or find the cash to pay someone to do it right -- maybe, just maybe, these people shouldn't be allowed to have websites in the first damned place. I'm pretty much at the point of telling people who want a website but don't want to spend the time to learn anything about it to either GAFC or GTFO!

"Wah, Way, I don't wanna learn!" -- fine, STFU and give up on doing something you aren't willing to do properly.

deathshadow, Dec 24, 2013 IP
  19. xtreme777

Best Answers:
    Someone really made you angry. :confused:
    I'm sure at one point in life we were all newbies and had to start somewhere. I don't do web design and do not want to do one, as I work in a different field, but I'm sure once I want to design a site, I'm hiring someone I can trust. Same applies to anything I need. I concentrate on what I can do well and I do it well, and whatever I can't do - I try to get professional help.

Edit: just read some of your posts... I see the reason why you are angry. Can't blame you for that. While you're being a little too harsh, I can totally understand where you're coming from.

P.S. I absolutely loved the line on your website: Page best viewed with eyeballs. :D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
    xtreme777, Dec 24, 2013 IP