1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Authority Links to increase Ranking

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by hurn1, Jun 16, 2011.

After Google algorithm changes, less value for profile links and spammy blogcomments. Authorit links and link exchange still work to get top rankings. Here I like to discuss with you to get links from Authority sites.

1. Wikipedia is good authority site though it is a nofollow
    2. Dmoz and Yahoo always have good value than other directories.

Mashable, Ehow are good but no idea to approve articles on those sites with a links.

Please share your ideas.

hurn1, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  2. DPointing

DPointing Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new to this forum and I wonder why and how some people are spreading wrong information about backlinks here. They say NOFOLLOW links have no value. I am sure they have never ranked a website and misguiding other newbies also. I am glad to see your useful/informative post though.

We have just launched a website where you can write articles like eHow and get backlinks on your articles. We require you to write 300 word original posts for backlinks and you get 80% of the adsense impressions generated on your articles. The website is still new and we are just a few members there. The website is ritepad.com(link in my signature)

DPointing, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  3. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its not easy to get links from wikipedia. I have found Web 2.0 links much more effective. Make 10 unique articles of your nice and add links in between the articles .

imranamen6, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  4. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I want to get links from web 2.0 site i wan't ask from you.

If you don't know about wikipedia links don't post here read more from this forum. THere i want to discuss places where we can get authority links. You answer is 0.0001 relevant to OP

hurn1, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  5. colecov

colecov Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm, what about Yahoo Answers? I think a lot of people are creating answers with links to their posts in them.

colecov, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  6. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Yahoo answers have values. Here is the strategy to post yahoo answers. Find questions relevant to your niche and find a famous topic. Write an article(answers to those questions) on that topic and post it on your site. Let that article to be indexed.

Then answer to questions and post your page as resource this is under their radar. You can get many links if you can article on famous questions.

hurn1, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  7. knowing25

knowing25 Member

Best Answers:
    Well that was a good tips for me and I will add 1 more tips which is be a guest post on authority site in your niche.

knowing25, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  8. yohann

yohann Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice tip about the Yahoo answers Hurn1. I'll definitely do that on my sites. How about links from multiply? does it have any value?

yohann, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  9. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guest post is good if site is authority and articles without spam and low quality content.

hurn1, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  10. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    multyply is good as a social media and a web 2.0 site. I don't think it is an authority site to get reputed link but still we can get backlinks

hurn1, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  11. colecov

colecov Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the detailed strategy. I've never tried Yahoo answers but I knew about it because I saw tons of people requesting it on Microworkers so I knew that there must be some value in it.

colecov, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  12. wiseman.wiseman05

wiseman.wiseman05 Peon

Best Answers:
    Having .gov and .edu sites backlinks are more worthy for site ranking. Many of the high page ranked authorized sites also re direct to your site through press release so it's top listed in my view to get some relevant and quality backlinks. But I don't prefer link exchange any more. It has some negative impression in Google. Well link building still works for top ranking but panda gives more emphasis on content so having a quality content remain more worthy than backlinks.

wiseman.wiseman05, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  13. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    We must find out first what you aim to find the backlinks. Whether to raise PR to increase of the SERP or just as is done by the contestants in the fight over top position

wekop, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  14. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are wrong about profile links ...

w3bmaster, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  15. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Link exchange still work. nothing links than the home page links. but you have to do it in proper way.

hurn1, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  16. pmanwizle

pmanwizle Guest

Best Answers:
    The best way to go is to create pyramid of links.

Say you create high pr bookmarking links to your site, then forum profile links to the bookmarks.

Am sure this will help in any way.

pmanwizle, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  17. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't want those junk links. I am looking for links from authority sites like marshable, techcrunch..

hurn1, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  18. dumak

dumak Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, for popular keywords junk links can help a bit, but you need authority links in order to rank well.

dumak, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  19. pmanwizle

pmanwizle Guest

Best Answers:
    Are you calling a bookmarking site with pr4+ a junk? Then you must be hoping to sleep on mars.

pmanwizle, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  20. hurn1

hurn1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ever you have a experience on a running professional authority site? Will you get pr4 link juice from those bookmarking sites? When compared to links from high authority sites bookmarking sites are under the foot.

Can you make junk profile links to your professional site? There is a big difference between linkbuilding for authority sites and for thin few dollar site.

hurn1, Jun 22, 2011 IP