1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Coupon site with earning

Discussion in 'Sites' started by trsaso, Jun 21, 2011.

I am selling a profitable coupon site. The site is new (5mnt old) and earning me around 500-600 $ a month, for now, via affiliate. Traffic is not too much -10 unique visits a day.It’s trough google, when a person is searching for coupons, my site comes up in the first 10 searches ,so they get the coupon from me and go to the store via my affiliate link, and get I a percent. I have to sell my site even I don’t want to, because I have moved to a country that pay pal doesn’t support and I can’t get the money from pay pal to my credit cards. So if you need some extra money working from home in your own time, without much effort this is for you.

Screenshots of revenue on request.

Domain: Coupon for Me
    When you search on google we are on 4 place from 241,000,000 results. Couponfor.Me

Paymens be Moneybookers or in any way who may send me to my bank account. If I dont have problems with paypal I dont sell.

trsaso, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  2. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you please explain a little better how / where the revenue is generated from ? is all revenue generated from affiliate links / referrals or do you also have paying advertisers who pay you to place their coupons on your website?

- How much time do you spend per week contacting advertisers / companies / time running the website ?

Thanks

EDIT: I see you also own / run couponpreview.com ? It's hard to make a purchased site successful when the original seller still has a hand in the game.. would you be open to signing a non-compete statement ?.. It's just i see this way to much lots of people now sell a site (usually the worst performing one) and have loads of other sites in the same game, when the original seller is still in the same niche / market it makes it hard to compete as competition in the coupon game is already saturated... which of the 2 sites is the better one ? and if your having payment issues / issues getting the funds to your bank why are you not selling both sites / any other coupon sites you may own ?

Thanks again

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
    zinghana, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  3. keen4kash

keen4kash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I second Zinghana on the non-compete statement. It looks interesting as an opportunity for investment, but not if you're still one of the competitors and know the business inside out.

Additional question - do you only have organic traffic or also PPC traffic?

K4K

keen4kash, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  4. trsaso

trsaso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Traffic It’s trough google, when a person is searching for coupons, my site comes up in the first 10 searches.
    All revenue get from affiliate link. And just one payments from advertisers who pay me to place their coupons on my website.
    For another my site CouponPreview.com Its old ~1+ year . Dont bring me some earning. I get little revenue from godaddy affiliate program who is only 20$. Visitors is not forced to open link to see coupon ( Couponfor.Me have option if you dont click on link dont see the coupon) .
    Long time I dont post new coupons to CouponPreview.com
    I not selling both sites because I will try to find some other affiliates who may pay me via moneybookers.

All the secret of earning via affiliate is the choice of right affiliate program. In my situation I sell my experience with my site.

trsaso, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  5. zinghana

zinghana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks bud for the extra info...

Best of luck with your sale.. still think Flippa might be best suited for a site with the kind of revenue your site is making.. great domain name also very marketable.

zinghana, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  6. trsaso

trsaso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    trsaso, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  7. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Where do exactly do you make this kind of money? On what market? Or can you name here like: I make money with ... airfrance

aditd, Jun 26, 2011 IP