1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Most Effective Backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by wes888, Jun 16, 2011.

1. jcat

jcat Peon

Best Answers:
    A link is a link, PR is great but don't worry about it too much. Just keep developing backlinks. A PR 0 Site, can be a PR3-4-5-6 website in the future, so don't fret about getting when the getting is good. However, in reading the question: Are there more important backlinks depending on where you get them...such as directories, links from blog posts, article directories, forum signatures, blog comments, guest posts links, press release links, profile links???

Simply put, NO.

However, how you structure your link is important. If you can add your Anchor Text Link (google anchor text if you don't know what that is) in the middle of text such as a sentence or a paragraph, google gives you more points for that style of link regardless of where you get it. Quality of your backlinks is a complex equation. You want to have a variety of links, from a variety of places on the web. If you add 1000 links from a blog all pointing to the same page on your website.....you just wasted 999 links. Google doesn't see that as natural or real organic backlinks. And the common consensus is that they won't count as much or at all. You would have been far better off getting 10 backlinks from 10 different sites to a single page on your website. Not only different sites, but from different kinds of sites. directories, links from blog posts, article directories, forum signatures, blog comments, guest posts links, press release links, profile links, Web 2.0, bookmarking sites, and ect.

Furthermore, if I have a backlink from one PR4 website with the anchor text "SEOwinner", and you have 20 backlinks from a 20 different kinds of websites all ranked as PR0(zero) sites for "SEOwinner"....who do you think google will like more? Who's more likely proven popularity verses who may have gotten lucky? If you had to pick the best website who would you pick?

There's really no right answer, a PR4 link is great, 20 PR zero links of variety are great too. (I sure the 20 would win, but I am not the author of the google logarithm,trust me I wish I was lol)

My point, go for variety, high PR is great, and DO NOT spend too much time getting backlinks from the same source(Domain) to a single page on your website as you reach the law of diminishing returns.

jcat, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  2. -Jake

-Jake Guest

Best Answers:
    Think of you trying to mimic people discussing your website around the targeted area of sales or traffic. Basically you want to make it seem to google that people are starting to link to you're site from around the place you are targeting, location wise so it looks like your site is the next big thing. Not like one person is trying to get thousands of links from one website or type of website. If not now than eventually google will see this as spam and it could have a negative affect. The more natural it looks on top of having high pr and niche related links, the more wait it will hold on google. So I think links from a variety of relevant websites are good as long as they're not viewed as spammy.

-Jake, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  3. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The most effective is Mixing the building links methods ...

w3bmaster, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  4. Leadership Quality

Leadership Quality Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting good backlinks to your website will help to increase the overall search engine rank of your website. I think forum post is the most effective.

Leadership Quality, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  5. Johnletton

Johnletton Member

Best Answers:
    Blog Commenting, Forum posting are the best and leading way but other ways also help to rank higher in Google.

Johnletton, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  6. jkhurramov

jkhurramov Peon

Best Answers:
    Write articles with the right keywords in your niche, I have several articles on Ezinearticles with more than 100,000 views in just two month. 1 article - 100,000 views! awesome right?
    Article marketing is still #1 to get backlinks.

jkhurramov, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  7. nirma1230

nirma1230 Member

Best Answers:
    i think The most effective place to get backlinks from other sites is from the body of the web page. The only person who can put them there is the owner of the website.

Arrange to do guest blog posts for the website, when you get a toe in the door, see if they will recommend you to other website owners. Most people have a problem coming up with a constant stream of new articles.

nirma1230, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  8. dumak

dumak Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that even only 2 backlinks from high pr sites are better than 20 low pr. Said that pr value is important if the theme of the linking site is similar to the theme of your website.

dumak, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  9. balivillaholidays

balivillaholidays Peon

Best Answers:

Based from my experience, I think forum signatures are more dominant in terms of getting a quantity of backlinks, while press release and link backs from related niche webpages ensures quality.

balivillaholidays, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  10. b10

b10 Peon

Best Answers:
    you must have related site backlink which is called some time quality bk...this is the most effective to get proper bk

b10, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  11. popupwindow

popupwindow Member

Best Answers:
    Having NICHE specific backlinks is the key to make it your SEO campaign more effective. E.g if you are having website of automobiles then getting backlinks from automobile websites/blogs is more effective than getting backlinks from MEDICAL Forums. Hope this helps !

popupwindow, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  12. LilyEntrust

LilyEntrust Peon

Best Answers:
    I think sites with .gov or .edu endings are the best... unless someone already mentioned that.

LilyEntrust, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  13. Azunga

Azunga Peon

Best Answers:
    All backlinks are good in my opinion but getting backlinks from related topics is best.

Azunga, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  14. -Jake

-Jake Guest

Best Answers:
    This is only my opinion though through trial and error.

-Jake, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  15. Leadership Quality

Leadership Quality Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting good backlinks to your website will help to increase the overall search engine rank of your website. There are several methods to increase traffic of your website are available on the net such as Article marketing, Commenting, Forum posting, Blogging, Social networking, Email marketing and more. You can also get good backlink by answering questions.

Leadership Quality, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  16. natethegreat7037

natethegreat7037 Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this 100%. This does seem to be the standard way to go. Ever since i started submitting articles, my traffic has pretty much doubled.

natethegreat7037, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  17. sweeetsnake

sweeetsnake Member

Best Answers:
    Links from edu and gov index pages do mirracles

sweeetsnake, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  18. socialmediamarketing01

socialmediamarketing01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Please always consider the factors for the Backlinks -
    1. On Focus with your product or service
    2. The website’s home page has higher PR