1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook charged me over $1000?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by imh00052@cox.net, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Ehm TO

Ehm TO Peon

Best Answers:
    That seems like something that would actually happen. Glad you are smart enough not to read your CC # to someone over the phone. Hope this all gets resolved.

Ehm TO, Mar 9, 2011 IP
  2. shilemley

shilemley Peon

Best Answers:
    my charges did not toal 1000 dollars, only 15.00. 5 different times. it's not so much the amount it's the fact that i did not purchase the items i was charged for. any help to put and end to this would greatly appreciated. also a phone number with a real live person would help.

shilemley, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  3. Jenblanks

Jenblanks Peon

Best Answers:
    oh wow...sorry to hear that

Jenblanks, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  4. shula

shula Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook charges me $100. Says it was for 1,020 credits or something. I did not make the purchase. Have called the number 650-543-7818, siad they do not offer live customer service will need to go to c.facebook.com/credits and dispute the charge, may take several days. Anyway, I have since de-activated my facebook account as I cannot afford knowing some how someome is able to hack my credit card account at will. They really need to find out was is triggering this and get it fixed...

shula, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  5. hearplayandenjoy

hearplayandenjoy Peon

Best Answers:
    I got fraudulently charged 200.00, 5.00, and 5.00, with CHECKCARD 11.17 FACEBOOK.COM*CREDITS 650-543-7817 CA just in the last three days. I rarely use that debit card. I rarely even go on facebook. My wife uses facebook but we both never pay for ads, use credits, play their silly games or apps. How did these people even get my card number?
    During this same time period, there were also two charges for 'GOT BRIEFCASES NORTHRIDGE CA' for 99.99.

All five of those charges were from CA, any connection between the two, I wonder?
    Thankfully my bank alerted me to these charges and there is zero liability so I should be able to get reimbursed.
    But these fraudsters need to be brought to account. Where do we start, as Facebook has very limited support, as has previously been noted?

hearplayandenjoy, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  6. levi2284

levi2284 Peon

Best Answers:
    This happened to me yesterday. I experimented on the ads A YEAR AGO and keep it running and forgot all about it and out of the blue charged me for it. I emailed Facebook, paypal-charges@support.facebook.com, and receive an email with links but I can`t post the links here coz I`m a newbie. Message me if you have the same problem and would like to contact Facebook about it and I will give you the links.
    I went over to the links they provided me and filed my complaint then I got an email that they receive my inquiry and that they will respond to me soon. I hope they will stop charging everyone by surprise and at least give some notice before they charge anyone anyway. Will update if Facebook really respond to this.

levi2284, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  7. granthelp

granthelp Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you must scam by some one who have been misused your card without your notice

granthelp, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  8. levi22

levi22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook replied to me with this,
    Thank you for your email. I

levi22, Dec 18, 2012 IP