1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to Start.....

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Chybo, Jun 19, 2011.

Well to make this short and sweet i am a online music producer which is a pretty new and great way to make a living if its done right. But i do not know where to start i mean i make some money off my beats from people ive met on twitter but i want to make a living off this. I use soundclickDOTcom to sell my beats on its a great place for artist to find you. Some of the top producers on there make more then 6 figures easy. I would like to get to this point. The easiest way to make money on soundclick is to get to the top of the charts. So i need the best method to do this :) if anyone could give me some tips on how i can get plays/views on my site thatd be great!

Thanks,
    Chybo :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
    Chybo, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  2. msllearning

msllearning Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should definitely copyright your sounds and make sure your name is attached to everything you put out. My uncle is a music producer and before he does business with anyone he makes sure he has a sound contract to layout who does what, how and for how much. You can also speak with other producers, if you know any, about what they do. Also you can find a good lawyer who does this sort of thing who will give you good and honest legal advice about your situation. Hope this helped.

msllearning, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  3. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you can use ebay for this. First record your voice in a CD/DVD and then list that on ebay.com

jhardy2008, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  4. Chybo

Chybo Peon

Best Answers:
    @msll thanks for the advice i will be looking into a lawyer once i get more serious money coming from it. It will be one of the first things i do.

@jhardy I have a tag for all my beats to show there ours. So i should make a CD of my intrumentals and sell them on Ebay?

Chybo, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  5. cdesigner

cdesigner Peon

Best Answers:
    go for audiojungle.com

cdesigner, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  6. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow the article above is huge..

My advice would be to get a mixtape album done, hand it out on the streets and send it to record labels too.

In the mean time upload your music on youtube and on twitter and stay active online. When you get enough subscribers and followers you can start to sell your music.

ETA, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  7. RB!

RB! Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone is trying to run sprints now a days, not realizing that it's a marathon if you want to build a sustainable business. It takes time bro. Get a blog up, talk about your passion, and point to where they can get your beats. For Marketing, keep using Twitter. Use search.twitter.com and spend 10hrs a day looking up 3 things your passionate about related to, of course, music and answer people's questions honestly (no hard selling) about those topics. Do this for a couple weeks and you'll start seeing sales of your beats go up.

RB!, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  8. Chybo

Chybo Peon

Best Answers:
    @cdesigner im going to try this site our see how it goes.

@rb sounds like a good method to meet people who like the same things i do

Chybo, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  9. Scouter

Scouter Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest sending it to local record studios.

Scouter, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  10. shaggymac

shaggymac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like homework time...seriously, do your homework, talk to professionals in the same biz, go to the library etc..

shaggymac, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  11. Chybo

Chybo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah i have been doing alot of that

Chybo, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  12. jkhurramov

jkhurramov Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do you still need traffic, right? The more traffic, the more $$$ :)
    Unique website design, big promises, and of course decent traffic...

jkhurramov, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  13. Chybo

Chybo Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah i need traffic that will increases plays and boost me up on the charts.

Chybo, Jun 21, 2011 IP