1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you still build websites WITHOUT a CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by html2cms, May 28, 2011.

1. TB Adriana

TB Adriana Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    IMO google loves wordpress. My best indexed sites were on WP

TB Adriana, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  2. lukeit

lukeit Active Member

Best Answers:
    cms without db is good only in asp code. i saw some cms with asp, are old but good for customizations. but also with the database the cms is easy to configuration. keep topfreecms for example, has many database and cms in one website.

lukeit, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  3. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    Ending up high in the SERP doesn't say anything about the CMS that is being used. It might say something about the configuration of the websites you own but that's not something to credit Google for.

[edit]

And all my websites are build on CMS, it helps me and the users to maintain the(ir) website.

dennisb, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  4. TB Adriana

TB Adriana Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are right in what you are saying also.
    But I was speaking from my personal experience, and for me personally a site with similar layout&content was indexed better on wordpress than on a cms.
    And I think it does say something about the CMS, e.g. the way it builds links (aka with text not &id=) or how well it generates wordcloud and so on.

TB Adriana, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  5. dennisb

dennisb Member

Best Answers:
    Like I said that is just a matter of configuration. I'm sure that a system e.g. Drupal can do the same as Wordpresss, maybe even more. The only system which is not search-engine friendly from out-of-the-box (in my experience at least) is Joomla.

There for I mainly use now WP and Drupal for building and maintaining websites plus the theming system from those two systems are also much better..

dennisb, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  6. TB Adriana

TB Adriana Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and the least configuring and modifying you have to do, the better. so WP is a good option and Drupal works great, too? I'll keep that one in mind, thanks for the info :)

TB Adriana, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  7. cheapgoals

cheapgoals Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello house..
    I'm so new to the CMS thing.. but with what have read so far.. now I understand..

My question is I have a blog site www.cheapgoals.com which was built by a friend, I ask him about the CMS and he said he didn't use it.
    With what you guys said I'd like to use CMS just for me to manage the site at any time I want,because he's always busy and when i ask him to do some thing in the site ,it feel somehow ..
    My questions now is which CMS provider is the best and how it is going to be worked from without CMS to CMS

cheapgoals, Nov 6, 2016 IP