1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wii U?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shounenbat, Jun 9, 2011.

Here's Nintendo's new console, given the retarded name of Wii U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg

What do you think? It looks more to me, right now anyway, of an HD portable that you can hook up to your TV. I know the games go in the actual console and such, but it just doesn't look amazing to me. Not to mention, there's no software for it mentioned, other than some third-party software.

Playstation Vita will probably be able to do much of the same, and I feel like Nintendo is trying to compete with Apple with this thing rather than Microsoft and Sony.

Shounenbat, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  2. BlueOrchard

BlueOrchard Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm rooting for the NGP. Yeah, the Playstation Vita. I don't understand why they didnt just stick with "Next Generation Portable (NGP)." That sounded sweet to me.

Anyways, the Wii U would be a brilliant idea if you could actually bring the controller with you without it needing to be near the console itself. Then again, nobody would buy the 3DS if they did that :p

BlueOrchard, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  3. BryanJz

BryanJz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its brilliant. PsVita is alright, its a nintendo 3DS with better graphics but its pretty cheap which is cool. I also like that the Wii is finally getting some hardcore games, a reason to maybe buy it

BryanJz, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  4. Shounenbat

Shounenbat Peon

Best Answers:
    Wii with hardcore games is awesome.

Shounenbat, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  5. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you Guys , , for your link. great!

wekop, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  6. BfmValentin

BfmValentin Peon

Best Answers:
    Before I saw the Wii U, I'd always thought that Nintendo was two steps behind Sony and Microsoft, since it had very few games that (at least in my opinion) actually worked well online, and it's graphics were also several years behind. With the addition of more "hardcore" titles, I think they'll end up with a larger online community.

They also released a graphics demo which, while nothing revolutionary, nevertheless surprised me to see it running off of a Nintendo console.

BfmValentin, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  7. Josh122

Josh122 Peon

Best Answers:
    My biggest worry is the price of the controller, a 7 inch screen per go? that's going to cost a hell of a lot

Josh122, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  8. CellSync

CellSync Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I can't see this idea working. Seriously now, is this really revolutionary? It looks like a Fisher-Price play toy with a touch screen. Let's not forget it even sports an amazing Stylus - in 2011. Who do they expect this will cater for?

CellSync, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  9. Creebs

Creebs Peon

Best Answers:
    I was excited for the Wii U at first when I heard they were going to have blue-ray as well. But apparently it's been confirmed that they will not use Blue-ray or DVD for their system. It's a mystery

Creebs, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  10. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When will the graphics finally evolve since the Gamecube?

Guisbar, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  11. Shounenbat

Shounenbat Peon

Best Answers:
    HD Zelda would be great if they'd do it. I'm waiting for another good Zelda game. I really did enjoy Twilight Princess' story, but I felt it was lacking in the gameplay. Really, what was up with that awful spinner!?!?

Shounenbat, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  12. omicreon

omicreon Peon

Best Answers:
    omicreon, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  13. securesite

securesite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Talk about amazing and alot more then a game counsel. One of the most high tech I have seen so far. Now the gamer makers just need to adapt and make it just for the Wii U which will take not alot of time since they know the specs now.

securesite, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  14. cresscendo

cresscendo Peon

Best Answers:
    they are crossbreeding Ipad and a PSP with a wii surrogate mother and this is the result lol loll lol

cresscendo, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  15. Shounenbat

Shounenbat Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately that's just a tech demo. Skyward Sword is the only Zelda game being worked on right now and it's for the Wii.

Shounenbat, Jun 30, 2011 IP