1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Way To Monetize Videos?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mikka23, Jun 13, 2011.

I am starting a new websites with video content. Trying to work out the best way to monetize it. Right now I am inclined to offer some free videos and some hidden videos which you can only see with a subscription. I would also host them on youtube and take advantage of the partnership option.

Are there better hosts to consider and make money off? Are there embedded advertising into the video worth considering?

Thanks in advance.

mikka23, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  2. gamingmaster42

gamingmaster42 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think embedded advertising in-video is great for monetization. However, viewers of videos despise in-video ads.

gamingmaster42, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  3. Jayden Rivers

Jayden Rivers Peon

Best Answers:
    Try and build a list, that is a great way to turn the money tap on whenever you want.

Jayden Rivers, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  4. mikka23

mikka23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was trying to compile a list so I can decide where to go. Do people have recommended companies/experience with any of them?

mikka23, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  5. Lori541

Lori541 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Jayden.

You can use you YouTube to post your videos and put your website URL in the very beginning of the description, then use your keywords for the remainder of the description and the title.

Building a list is paramount to your business and video is king right now. Hope this helps.

Lori

Lori541, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  6. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea, to increase traffic on your website.

wekop, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  7. Mr Right

Mr Right Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on your niche.

Mr Right, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  8. seowonder

seowonder Peon

Best Answers:
    embed your ads into video.. . its pay

seowonder, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  9. LeadBoltMatt

LeadBoltMatt Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of videos are they (i.e. subject matter)? There are plenty of ways you can monetize them based on how your site is formatted and your traffic volume. Since these will be new sites, you might want to start with some in-video banner ads or other CPC inventory. Then as you start receiving higher volumes of traffic, you can institute pre-rolls on a CPM basis.

A lot of our publishers use content-locking as a "freemium" tool for their more attractive videos (or sometimes all) on a CPA basis. That way they can still offer the high-quality content at no cost to the user but still be able to monetize each view.

LeadBoltMatt, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  10. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are considering to develop an adult site, then it's easy - there are tons of adult affiliate networks and advertising programs. If it's non-adult, then it might be a little trickier to maintain and it would maybe be wiser to first promote the site for a bit until it gains popularity and then search for individual/independent advertisers etc.

Guisbar, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  11. gorvene

gorvene Peon

Best Answers:
    You cannot go wrong by building a list of prospects in exchange for viewing your content. Most people who watch video hate the ads in the videos but you can profit that way too. But a great option is to focus in a specific niche and collect their emails and recommend products and services that they want. You can do so with affiliate products or your own.

gorvene, Jun 16, 2011 IP
  12. pmbrent

pmbrent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If they are a series of "How to" videos I think your success rate will be higher.

pmbrent, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  13. AdWorkMedia

AdWorkMedia Member

Best Answers:
    Put yourself in your potential customer's shoes! Imagine going to a website and wanting to see a video, but it asks you to pay with Paypal... How would this make you feel? I would recommend for you to try using a content locking widget. The way this works is that your potential customer will be prompted to complete an action (example: complete a survey, download a free game) you will find that more people are willing to complete a survey to unlock the content in comparison to whipping out a credit card! At the same time you will be able to make the same amount of money, since each survey completion or download, will earn you cash! Send me a message and I would be more than happy to help get you started!

AdWorkMedia, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  14. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way has to be via Youtube, depending on how original the videos are you could join the Youtube Partner program, and monetize it that way

golfpro1, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  15. famous2313

famous2313 Member

Best Answers:
    you can monetize your videos by redirecting the videos to a affiliate offer.
    you can find many different affiliate offers on clickbank, commission juction.

famous2313, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  16. Satirist

Satirist Member

Best Answers:
    It will depend form the niche of your videos. Try to use annotation in video, redirect visitors to your landing page and try to bank from that traffic.

Satirist, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  17. kashif.saeed

kashif.saeed Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can charge those people who want to embed their link in videos.

kashif.saeed, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  18. egiftcards4u

egiftcards4u Peon

Best Answers:
    content blocking affiliate programs

egiftcards4u, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  19. yohann

yohann Peon

Best Answers:
    in-video ads is the most common. Anyone knows how to do it? I'd like to learn this.

yohann, Jun 28, 2011 IP