1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP!!!! I am soo stuck!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ceerox, Jun 13, 2011.

Hello,
    I am a newbie to this super confusing SEO thing. Here is what happened-
    I've been working on my site for two month, both on-site and off-site SEO I believe?
    My site started off being no where to be found, and a month later, I was on the second page on google!!!
    All I did was link-building, a few blog entries, directory submission, optimizing on page with all the meta-tags, title, keywords and stuff... also having keywords distributed all over my site

Here I AM STUCK!!!! I am still at the bottom of the second page, or sometimes on the third page.... PLEASE HELP!!!! :confused::(:confused:

Thank YOU!!!

ceerox, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  2. searchtechword

searchtechword Peon

Best Answers:
    Get back links from any site wont help. Try to pick few sites ranking above you and check from where they are getting back links to their site (competitors analysis). Once you know the source of their back links then try to get back links from same source to your site. Further more getting back link from authoritative site also helps a lot.
    Also after google Panda update, duplicate content sites are at heavy loss.. so make sure you have unique, fresh and quality content...
    Other very important thing you need to focus on is the loading time of your site... Faster the loading time, better the SERP..

Read after effects of google panda for more information..

searchtechword, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  3. ceerox

ceerox Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you searchtechword!
    I did exactly what you said, the competitors analysis, i used seomoz seo tools.
    Are there any other sites and tools you recommend?

ceerox, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  4. searchtechword

searchtechword Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many tools available some of which are paid as well for keyword anlaysis and competitors analysis like market samurai, wordtracker.. but they are way too expensive.
    But I believe that more than off page optimisation (back link building) conc more on your On page optimisation. Make sure you have right keywords in your meta tag and also in the title of each post. Use Google Keyword tool (which is free) to identify what exactly people are searching for in your niche. Try building your site around those keywords.

Make sure you have some primary keywords for your site and build categories based on these primary keywords. Site structure makes hell lot of a difference in SERP.

Also dont put more than 5 ads on each page. this is treated as low quality content according to new panda update.

Focus on quality back links from authoritative sites.. hope that helps...

searchtechword, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  5. ceerox

ceerox Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi again,
    Thanks for helping me out! What do you mean by "build categories based on the primary keywords"? like what category? should i categorized my website?
    do you have any suggestions on the authoritative sites?
    Thank you again!! ^___^

ceerox, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  6. searchtechword

searchtechword Peon

Best Answers:
    even before you start your website, you need to identify the primary keyword(s) for your website. Based on this primary keyword, you have to select a domain name. once primary keyword is identified, secondary keywords should be found out and you should build categories based on this secondary keywords.
    So if you are opening a site of say tourist destination Isle of Wight, then Isle of Wight will be your primary keyword. Hotels in Isle of Wight, Tourist Atrractions, Transport and Ferry and so on will be your secondary keywords and hence the categories on your site. Read this Google Wonder Wheel article.

Once the structure of site is established, then you need to focus on contents. Contents should revolve around these keywords. While writing each post, you need to do keyword analysis (use google keyword tool. its free) and see what the world is searching for in your niche. Use those keywords in your title and also in the contents.

The authoritative sites in your niche are the ones who are ranking on first 10 spots for your keyword. If you get backlink from them then it has lot of weight. Also try searching for other sites in your niche who tops for different keywords. Try to get back link from them. One effective way of getting backlinks from your own niche site is by writing guest post for them..

Hope that helps..

searchtechword, Jun 14, 2011 IP
    wierdo likes this.
  7. The America News

The America News Peon

Best Answers:
    This Is The Best Answer 4 you

The America News, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  8. Dongjie

Dongjie Peon

Best Answers:
    It'll be harder to keep moving forward after from nowhere to first 2 or 3 SERP. Keep doing what you did.

Dongjie, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  9. ceerox

ceerox Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much!! I enjoy reading those articles.

ceerox, Jun 17, 2011 IP