1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Is reputation moderated now?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by akki313, May 5, 2011.

1. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bravo. This thread is kind of pointless now, Shawn has shut you whingers down. Simply there is no one who gets treated differently to others, if that were so then why is it that premium members get banned, when for example many non premium members haven't? And they haven't even spent a cent on DP. Exactly.

Stingerftw, May 7, 2011 IP
    robjones likes this.
  2. Ausdrez

Ausdrez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First time, I found a new relevance in "Repped" and "Raped", besides pronunciation. :D

Personally, I too was against doing 1 year ban and moderating reps when I first had read the topic.
    But "Just wait till we rape your grandaugter in front of you, Fuck you muther fucker..suck horse cock asshole.If your muther was alive it'd feel so nice to stick one horse cock into her pussy " is really too much and crossed the line and I think, deserves.

Last edited: May 8, 2011
    Ausdrez, May 8, 2011 IP
    robjones likes this.
  3. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    A year should give him time to improve his spelling and grammar. But he appears to slag off a religious leader for being a "child rapist" yet his comments clearly show his obsession with, and i guess his fantasies of committing rape him self, including that of children "we rape your granddaughter in front of you" although he does admit his sexual failings as a man and needs help from other guys by stating "we"

I am quite happy to rack up a few infraction points for calling this bozo a retard.

samantha pia, May 8, 2011 IP
  4. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You'll love this. Here's an example of a guy aware his rep history was starting to become a problem as far back as last summer.

Thread Paying for a 10 second job
    OK, sad, but not even the dumbest part. The really dumb part is a few months later in a thread about a product being sold on DP... he IDs his DP account:

Thread: Make $80 with adsense
    LOL. Gotta be pretty addicted to sending anonymous threats and profanity to pay someone else to do a red rep for you. I'm sure he'll be sorely missed.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
    robjones, May 10, 2011 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  5. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Both links are pointing to the same thread Rob...please check and update.

sar420, May 10, 2011 IP
    robjones likes this.
  6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the note... Makes a bit more sense with the right URL. Fixed the first link to go to right thread.

robjones, May 10, 2011 IP
    sar420 likes this.
  7. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its useless using someone else for giving out a red and paying him, you can make a dupe account like most of the scammers and do it. BTW, have you got any red rob.

laxman363, May 11, 2011 IP
  8. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I only post in P&R, and no, I didn't know that kind of rep is common there. Never received a rep anything like that myself, nor have I handed out one like that.

So we here are assuming Helvetii received threats of having his granddaughter raped in front of him and therefore he is being treated unequally? With such a factless and unlikely claim, I find it hard to believe you really don't care about his ban, though to be fair, my jaw is still on the floor over the fact you returned to this thread to defend Helvetii after seeing the actual text of his reps. As Shawn says, some things should be so obvious as to not need a written rule.

Jesus. I may be a bit on the paranoid side, but I have a very very very hard time understanding what type of genius it takes to post your DP userID, which is linked to your Twitter account and real world name on a site like Black Hat World. He's giving Justin a run for his money.

Obamanation, May 13, 2011 IP
  9. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't think Obama will ever post outside P&R. I guess are a webmaster now.

laxman363, May 13, 2011 IP
  10. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just found this thread and I'm curious - is Rep actually moderated? Is there a way to report a personal attack in a Rep comment? Absolutely not looking for a red Rep to be removed, just asking about reporting a fierce personal attack in Rep comments. I received a really vicious one last year (it's long since scrolled off) and since then I have wondered about what to do in the future.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    Corwin, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  11. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Why would they be banned? It's an off-site action...

You should add it to the FAQ before some kid does it then cries when he's banned... Just sayin'.

EvanP, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look, Biggy, on my main huge 14-year old website, if I see an IP repeatedly try an SQL injection or DDoSing, I ban the IP. Especially since these are both violations of US law.

No, it's not on my TOC but a webmaster is legally entitled to do what is needed to insure the security of their website.

In the end, just like my website, DigitalPoint is privately owned and privately run. Just like any private property, the owner is entitled to control who enters and deny entry.

Corwin, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  13. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just my 2 cents, but...They can see users reputation if they want to, though it's not moderated per se. You can report rep to a mod, however, they would probably discourage that, with few exceptions. In Rob's case, the line was clearly crossed. How could these thoughts cross any normal persons mind? These are comments left by an angry, mentally ill person...

Most of us, especially in P & R have had angry reps, but I've never had any comments even remotely resembling what Rob has experienced. DP probably draws the line at making threats of sexual assault and/or violence against other members.

Rebecca, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  14. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to take a look at this guy: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=184460

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2193546#post16308066
    http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1186/spam1gumc.jpg
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/947/spam2fz.jpg
    http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/3392/spam3r.jpg

See? Nothing but spam, nothing constructive or helpful, all he is he is doing posting shit to increase his post count. Also he stands for 99% for the keywords "crap" and "noobs".

I'm posting this here because none of the staff, even Shawn (digitalpoint) himself seems to care and to tell the public about the top spammer of all time on DP. :)

Cucumba123, Jun 14, 2011 IP
    Digital_shubhi and laxman363 like this.
  15. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    HAHA ROFL. The sad thing is that he has more than 4000 posts and is still desperate to increase post count.

laxman363, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  16. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How would you report Rep to a mod?

The Rep comment I got last year was similar to the two sick rep comments Rebecca quoted, including the "F*** y** m***** f****r.." remark! Might have been the same person!

Comments like that don't change anyone's mind, and casts severe doubt on the mental health of the commenter.

Corwin, Jun 14, 2011 IP
    ApocalypseXL likes this.
  17. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetti is a loser. he made reference to my kids IN a thread.

akki, do you not care how stupid you are making yourself look? you should have been banned already too...

indyonline, May 4, 2012 IP
    ApocalypseXL likes this.
  18. Install

Install Member

Best Answers:
    Whoa, this guy, Helvetti, is like... mad?

Install, May 4, 2012 IP
  19. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cucumba123, May 4, 2012 IP
  20. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    He's just an idiot... Just like the guy questioning why he got banned. I'm sure Helvetti is still around though, under another screen name of course...
    -------
    On another note, I find it hilarious the way his non English speaking a$$ tries to cuss people out in English. It sounds so damn funny ya don't even think about being mad about what he said.
    It's also funny how hard he tries to piss people off and only gets laughed at and made fun of.

indyonline, May 4, 2012 IP