1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sold my blogspot blog, scammer trying to reverse payment from PayPal

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by gogoty, Jun 13, 2011.

What can I do to avoid him scamming me by reversing the payment.

I need help quick.

gogoty, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  2. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you have the deal on record, via email preferably, then just contact Paypal and inform them about this. Unless the deal was done through IM, with no verifiable means, its going to be tough. Also Paypal keeps a tab on a users's dispute count so if this guy has been pulling the same trick on other's it won't work. Try calling them (if you have enough patience to click through to get to speak with the right person)

forexaff, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  3. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you accepted the payment you should have instantly transferred the money to your account first. Tell Paypal its a digital item which isn't covered by Paypal.

wptheme, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  4. gogoty

gogoty Peon

Best Answers:
    I did that, but it takes 2-3 days to complete the withdrawal.
    I sent an MSN chat log and I added that he has blocked there and he didn't want to provide his contact info. Do you think it's enough?

I am so grateful for the replies so far. Thank you :)

gogoty, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  5. forexaff

forexaff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Not sure on how transfers work for bank wire's but if it was CC, then paypal takes not more than 24 hours to release the payment to the CC processor, so they won't be able to do anything about recalling the money back. I suggest you call Paypal and inform them on the issue. Even if this trnx has come through, chances that your next incoming trnx might be charged to recover the funds.

forexaff, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  6. Tycus

Tycus Peon

Best Answers:
    they need to have a reason for charge back and you can then call to support and tell about your problem but I'm not sure that he will be able to charge back

Tycus, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  7. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Setup another account and buy the blog from the scammer.

Then you reverse charge the scammer.

mentos, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  8. gogoty

gogoty Peon

Best Answers:
    That's just dumb

gogoty, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  9. brentb

brentb Peon

Best Answers:
    Just inform paypal about the deal and hope for the best at this point. It should have been a warning when he wouldnt give you any contact info other than his SN. Just saying...

In the future I recommend doing this (its what I do)

Paypal, alertpay, any online money transfer services.... Link them to Checking account 1, and then have a different Checking account 2 which is not connected. As soon as money goes into your paypal account, send it to your checking account 1, then move it to checking account 2. This way it is IMPOSSIBLE for paypal, alertpay, etc etc to take or hold your money. Even just moving it to your checking account without the second bank account still allows paypal to "mistakenly" take money out for anything.

Don't play with your hard earned money, keep it safe!

brentb, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  10. wptheme

Best Answers:
    Have you tried this method before? Eventhough you say its impossible for Paypal, Alertpay etc to take the money there is a possibility they will simply reverse the transaction from your Account A from Account B.

wptheme, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  11. brentb

brentb Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I do this. They can't reverse the transaction if you move it into the next account. For all they know, the transfer was a payment to someone else since the second account is NOT connected in any way to them.

Example: I just transfer 1000 dollars from paypal to my connected bank account 1. The money needs to be refunded so now im -1000 in paypal so they take the 1000 out of my bank and im screwed. BUT if i then moved it to yet a unconnected second bank account there is nothing they could do. They wouldnt be able to recall a transaction such as using a debit card to buy a tv from best buy to reclaim that 1000 dollars just as they cant reclaim the money from your second bank account since they have no access.

IT is possible for them to get the money with legal action and I wouldnt use this to scam or your bank will get you shut down quick and you will lose your money that way but from everything I know this WILL protect you (ive worked in banking and have plenty of experience both paying and receiving payments online)

brentb, Jun 13, 2011 IP
    sinclair89 likes this.
  12. brentb

brentb Peon

Best Answers:
    I mean if they tried to gain the money back from an empty bank account, you will have a negative either with paypal or the bank but you still have your money.... which in the cases of mistakes or people trying to scam on you is important, you dont want to be penalized or leave your money in pay pal or a banks hands, keep it in yours and solve THEIR problem at your convience.

brentb, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  13. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just send google a email and tell them they hacked your blogger account lol

br3adman, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  14. wptheme

Best Answers:
    And so is watching illegal shows at youtube.

wptheme, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  15. wptheme

Best Answers:
    wptheme, Jun 17, 2011 IP