1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zero sales from clickbank?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by DanJacobs, Jun 12, 2011.

Hello All,

I've had three digital products (drum lesson packages) with clickbank for 14 months now which show at the top of search 'drum lesson' or 'drum lessons' offering a 50% split but i havn't sold a single thing even though i have a couple of facebook pages with the max 5,000 just drummers, also myspace, twitter, linkedin, digg, stumbleupon etc and i write a lot of articles too with links.

I know it's a tough slog but sometimes it seems impossible.

I know my lessons are very good and can help anyone wanting to better themselves - I've studied professionally in London and recorded using the best gear etc etc and i wish i could have found something like this before i spent £5k+ on my course in London.

Anyway, i'm just after some helpful advise if possible as to where i may be going wrong.

Thanks in advance
    Dan
    http://www.dansdrumlessons.com

DanJacobs, Jun 12, 2011 IP
  2. xDemevenx

xDemevenx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I can tell you straight off the bat that being interested in your product, I could not find the main product solely and its selling points that easily. You have too much going on in your page. If you want people to buy, you cannot be flashing drum kits, drum accessories, dvds, quizzes, and tutors all in one bite!

What you need is a site based on a squeeze/selling page. If you're selling your product on Clickbank, then most likely people looking for your product are looking for your product, not some random page on drum accessories or the latest drumming tutor on your site.

People visiting need to know what you're selling and, more importantly, how your product can benefit them.

Right off the bat, you're offering your five free drum lessons without even promoting your product! This means that you're detailing more to the people looking for nice freebies rather than the product itself (this is my opinion, others may differ). Try something more along this line: Make a sales page of your dvds with the selling points, some testimonials here and there and the sales button, and have the five free drumming lessons as an exit splash offer.

Think of it this way: A customer comes to your site looking at your product, but becomes uninterested/unsold. They try to exit only to be offered five free lessons! They try the lessons out, and if they like it they come back to purchase the product.

The way your site is formatted now, the free incentive is not eye-catching, even if it is one of the first lines on the website. Also, you have three products side-by-side, which may seem great but in my opinion, it may confuse a customer and they might not know exactly where to go to find what they want (and, most sales are driven by want and emotion. It is difficult to make a sale if you compromise these thoughts).

This is my take on it; other people may have their own personal reservations and I respect their opinions (they probably know more about the game than me and have more experience in the area).

Anyway, good luck!

xDemevenx, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  3. DanJacobs

DanJacobs Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, thats interesting.
    I have a web designer in Malta who does all web stuff for me although i am getting on quite well reading up on wordpress myself and plan to make a few sites.

Are you suggesting i have a website/webpage purely for clickbank and then another for DVD's, i think i can do this as i have hosting for unlimited domains BUT would the cost of buying the domains every year be higher than the income generated, if any, by them -I guess it's a risk but one i need to take.

Thanks for your indepth thoughts

DanJacobs, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  4. JonRhodesUK

JonRhodesUK Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yes I would agree that there is too much going on in the home page. There's many things you can do to simplify it, such as remove the sponsors banners, unless they are making you quite a bit of cash? Meet the tutors is a good idea, but it could have a separate page with a tab for it at the top.

I would also not have so much coverage of the affiliate programme. This could leave a potential customer thinking that they must not be getting value for money if they know you are offering 50%. Most sites have a small text link at the bottom of the page which links to an affiliate page with more info. Customers dont usually look at these, but prospective affiliate still do.

Also sell the sizzle a little. Tell your visitors how you can improve their playing, how amazing they can be with these lessons. Can they get them from beginner to gig standard for example.

Perhaps you could also combine your newsletter and free lessons. Use them as an incentive - if they sign up for your newsletter they get 5 free lessons. That way you can build up a decent list.

Basically have a good think, look at successful sites that sell loads for ideas, and experiment. Build up some trust and you will start selling. Hope this helps!

JonRhodesUK, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  5. DanJacobs

DanJacobs Member

Best Answers:
    amazing points there - thank you.

The new site i'm working on (dansdrumlessons.co.uk) is kinda as you described, it will be a subscription site with newsletter sign ups and free videos etc.

I'll have a good think and get my web guy to amend certain parts of the website.

Thanks again for all your helpfull points

Dan

DanJacobs, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  6. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. You have a nice site - but the blog/wordpress theme approach is rarely a good idea for vendors.

2. Look at other products in your category in the marketplace, you'll notice most still employ a long scroll one page detailed read with some rich media - all structured in sequence to get people to buy. You are very random and it's hard to even get to a buy now button.

3. Have a peak at my sig, then the main page for that site - I actually might be a perfect match for your people if you can't convert your own offer in your social profiles etc. you should still try to utilize that outreach on others offers that convert well (I'm #1 in the music category, and it's a drum machine software :)).

4. GET RID of the affiliate banner up top+box in the center - have a small link in the footer that's it (and offer at least 70% imo - you want affiliates that stick around not the ones that don't know 50% is a low deal - which it is - unless it's a recurr).

5. ACTUALLY TAKE THE ADVICE you're getting in this thread - implement it ASAP. You have nothing to lose at this point with over a year in and no sales. It looks like a decent package so if you structure it properly there's no reason for it not to convert - play with your pricing too until you finally find a sweet spot. Once there you implement your backend/upsells, the front end is usually the easiest part (read: the whole thing is hard) of the process. Test your page on a long scroll, shorter scroll, different pricepoints, add more bonuses, lower the price - trust me you should be able to convert this and if not you should still utilize that outreach to make your monies.

Cheers from one musician to another I hope you restructure properly, model your page after a few of the top listings you're bound to convert if the product is par and the search volume is there.

NC.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    NCMedia, Jun 13, 2011 IP
    prinzcy likes this.
  7. DanJacobs

DanJacobs Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply NCMedia, i'll send a link to this thread to my web guy in Malta as i can only change certain parts of the website. I wouldn't know how to take away the affiliate banner but he can.

I'll have a good skype with him later and see what we can do.

As i'm building a drum lessons course website in WP i need to prices for both sites to be similar so i'll also look into pricing.

Really appreaciate everyones input - what a great community here :)

Dan

DanJacobs, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  8. albertfox985

albertfox985 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree! That's too much for a home page. It's kinda overwhelming in my opinion which might confuses your visitors. I suggest you to setup a squeeze page promoting your affiliate products instead then redirect them to your site once their opt-in. You can setup a clean and well-designed video squeeze page to promote your products.

What is a Squeeze Page?

albertfox985, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  9. DanJacobs

DanJacobs Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all,
    I'm not great with computers but i've managed to make another website www.dansdrumlessons.co.uk and have created a clickbank sales page

http://www.dansdrumlessons.co.uk/drum-lessons-subscribe

I'm sure it could be much much better but one main problem is that the link doesn't seem to work unless i'm logged into my website but surely a link is a link? either it works or it doesn't?

I also tried testing the payment links via the clickbank generated credit card test but both said 'please make changes to your payment info' even though everything was perfect - i wish this was easier :)

Any feedback/advice would be great.

Thanks

DanJacobs, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  10. birink

birink Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i have this problem,please give me some tips

birink, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  11. semwinner

semwinner Peon

Best Answers:
    woo. there are lots of informations shared here,
    very useful for me. thank you guys.:eek:

semwinner, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  12. johnsmart

johnsmart Peon

Best Answers:
    xDemevenz is right you know cause all I can see on your site is just accessories and not your main products. All you need is a squeeze page to grab leads and a thank you page that would take them to your affiliate products page. You site is more or less like a social site so people pop in and leave with no interest or whatsoever. So that is where you are having problem. Visit my site @robertmentormedotcom and see the model and using. It works very well for me selling my own product.

John

johnsmart, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  13. Mist777

Mist777 Member

Best Answers:
    You have too much going on your sale's pages. It best to have your sale's page go straight to the product with guarantees. You need to make the page more colorful; black is so dull. You also need some active stuff going on like video, just make it look alive. Sorry about your long wait.

Mist777, Oct 14, 2011 IP
  14. Aurelius25

Aurelius25 Peon

Best Answers:
    In Clickbank you need to folllow up your visitor with additional tool called "autoresponder".with this tool you can follow up your subscriber continously from email so they will be reminded depend on how much you setting the system

Aurelius25, Oct 14, 2011 IP