1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Inactive moderators?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by sachin410, Jun 13, 2011.

It seems two of the moderators have retired from the forum:

TomR (Last Activity May 22nd 2010 6:08 am)
    MaryMary (Last Activity Nov 6th 2009 11:28 am).

I wonder what they are doing these days!!

mcfox has also not signed in for 6-7 weeks...Last Activity Apr 26th 2011 3:08 pm.

If they remain inactive, how long will they continue to be moderators of the forum?

sachin410, Jun 13, 2011 IP
    laxman363 likes this.
  2. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not a new thing. There are more mods who hardly come on DP. not to mention that last activity is the last time they logged in. So if any mod logged in just to see if their account is not hacked the last activity would be recent but i guess the two have even forgotten they are registered to DP. The only mods which i see active here are Deluxedon, smyrl, sarahk and dynashox.

laxman363, Jun 13, 2011 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  3. Mayenne

Mayenne Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is that? Is it because the forum doesn't reward them enough with extra links, or whatever? Only asking.... Perhaps there is some other reason?

Mayenne, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  4. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    I think the Moderators are all personal friends of Shawn. That's why they get special treatment and aren't removed even after not visiting for a year. Also Shawn keeps promising new Moderators are on the way, however they never come. :(

EvanP, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  5. Aquarezz

Aquarezz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The forum is running fine with the current staff, that's probably the main reason why inactive staff hasn't been removed and new staff hasn't joined. Things can always run better, but at the moment DP is running fine IMO.

Aquarezz, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  6. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd argue this point, actually.

Don't get me wrong, DP is still an excellent community, but threads are still overrun by people boosting their post counts and generally just spamming with useless content - there's only so many times you can hit the report button before it becomes tiresome.

That's not me having a go, though; a community as large as Digital Point is always going to be near impossible to fully moderate.

WebDev Solutions, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  7. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually no. There are too many spam posts which are not taken care of because they are not reported. If there are more mods they can manually go through threads and easily find tons of crap posts. As pokervillain said one gets tired of reporting. If i want to report someone for two accounts and i pm a mod who is inactive, it may not be taken care of. This hapenned to me. I reported 2 accounts of same person to a sleeping mod and if someone had read it i wont have got two different negative itraders from the two accounts.

Maybe this is a result of less mods.

laxman363, Jun 16, 2011 IP
    spellathon likes this.