1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Need wordpress theme recoded clean

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Ejudicator, Jun 8, 2011.

I have a wordpress theme that has literally everything I need in it but it is embedded with authors adsense, functions encypted and 2 of the bottom sidebars unalterable due to encryption. Also the footer contains numerous spam links.

I know this is normal practice for free themes, but after several attempts of trying to locate and then communicate with the original author to ask for a "full version" no avail, I'm looking for someone to clean up the theme for me.

Please let me know average costs to recode at least parts of the theme.

Ejudicator, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  2. karl.forshaw

karl.forshaw Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Ejudicator

This is probably a relatively small job and shouldn't cost more than $60. Can you tell me anything about the kind of encryption, for example does the theme require Zend Optimizer or Ioncube to be present on the server? If not the code is probably just obfuscated and can be "prettified" rather easily.

Thanks

Karl

karl.forshaw, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  3. Ejudicator

Ejudicator Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks guys, I got a number of responses asking the same questions so I have decided to answer them here so that everyone knows exactly what work will be involved.

The site is located at cheap-scooters-online(dot)com. The bottom "sidebar" is hardcoded in the encrypted functions and unchangable and I'd rather have it totally "sidebarred". The lower footer contains an encrypted link that I was unable to figure out the method of encryption. (However I only looked quickly). Functions.php is a mess as well. I have already removed the hard-coding of adsense and analytics in a backup copy of the theme that the author added for some reason, so that part is already done.

As for cosmetic, I'd like the homepage to not include the whole posts, but the extract with featured image. Once you see whats there, you'll understand why.

If you are truly interested, I have left the theme files in the install package for download on the site. Take a look and let me know what you all think and if the prices quoted are still accurate.

DC

http://www.cheap-scooters-online.com/mBike.zip

I have also added screenshots of what I would like to accomplish, I have received a few offers which have ranged in price. Please send me what you would think it would cost to accomplish the ask and I will reply rather quickly after I receive the 3 offers from the people I have been speaking with.

http://www.cheap-scooters-online.com/cs.zip

Thanks again al, hopefully I can get this done rather quickly.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  4. karl.forshaw

karl.forshaw Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ouch, I've taken a look at the obfuscated code and theres very little I can do with that. The best thing I could suggest would be a recode of the features you are having problems with. I've done most of the things you are asking for before with One Panel and One Theme so I have the code on my hard drive already.

If you haven't found another solution yet, feel free to PM me and we can discuss this in more detail.

Karl :)

karl.forshaw, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  5. atinder90

atinder90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i can help with any kind of wordpress problems :)

pm me or contact me via my website http://atinder.com

atinder90, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  6. atinder90

atinder90 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i can help with any kind of wordpress problems :)

pm me or contact me via my website http://atinder.com

atinder90, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  7. Ejudicator

Ejudicator Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the responses for this project, for those of you still expressing interest, I have included screenshots with my asks on them to my post above. Feel free to look through and set your price and I will make a decision from there.

8. Ejudicator

Ejudicator Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I want to thank everyone who expressed interest in this job. I'm working an overnight shift in Toronto, so I apologize for those that got back to me after I came home and went to sleep. However after waking up this afternoon I was extremely surprised to find that another Digital Pointer completed all of my asks without any communication from me while I slept. He was able to completely "decrypt" the functions.php so that I now have full access to the features of the theme and modifications.

I'd like give harry.singh a huge shout out and thanks for a job amazingly done on something that was extremely difficult by all set standards. I can highly recommend his work, work ethic and incredible attention to detail, simply based on the information I provided above and in screenshots without any other communication from me!

Harry check your PM.

Ejudicator, Jun 9, 2011 IP