1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Proxy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by antman, Jul 14, 2007.

1. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i guess you should write an ebook abt proxies ;)

chandan123, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  2. xternall

xternall Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, will definitely take a look at it!

Did you really read all pages? You probably know everything about proxies now ;-) So stop reading, start creating.

xternall, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  3. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Be sure and submit your proxy sites at my two proxy lists.
    One is a blog, free and no backlink required.
    The Proxies Blog
    The second one you do have to backlink to my site.
    Newest Proxies
    Both have good visitor rates and click thru rates on the proxies listed.

Thank you.

iowadawg, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  4. sparky21289

sparky21289 Member

Best Answers:
    I started creating proxy websites a few years back and back then they were very popular and earnings were pretty high and it was very easy to earn. I presume earnings aren't as high right now but on average what do you earn per month with one proxy?

Thanks

sparky21289, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  5. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I have scaled down on proxies and only have 3 established proxies left. So, I haven't been following this thread regularly.

Some time ago AdBright forbid their ads on proxified pages, and I have quit Smowtion. Currently, I am displaying one popunder per visitor on my proxies.

Actually, I do display some banners from trafficrevenue, but earnings are redicolous.

I wonder If someone could share a banner advertising network which allows ads on the proxified pages and pays decently?

Thanks!

vahing, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  6. xternall

xternall Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about http://www.globalinteractive.com/

xternall, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  7. ipro

ipro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm looking to release a paid proxy script that I've been working on the the past year and a half. However I'm wondering what people think is a fair price for something like this. My thoughts is that a monthly subscription price of $20 a site would be a good price point.

Although I've been working on it for a long time, it's not feature complete yet.
    Some things I've got working are Flash parsing, Javascript parsing, and a custom written HTTP interface. Compatibility is something I'll continue to work on, but I'd rather have customers tell me what's important to them, so I'm going to have an interface that lets you submit things to be added or fixed.

You'll need a VPS or dedicated server to use this script, no shared hosting. Due to the fact that it uses PHP extensions because a lot of the code is written in C, for maximum speed and memory efficiency.

I know that for some people traffic earnings are down compared to a year ago, and two or three years ago. A large part of that is that now nearly every school and workplace in the USA has advanced filtering software installed that blocks your domain the very first day it's accessed through a school. My proxy software has a list with over 2.2 million IPs that belong to filtering software companies, to make sure your proxy won't get blocked as easily. With daily list updates, this should make your average profit margins and traffic jump.

Please let me know what a good proxy script with continuing supports and updates is worth to you.

ipro, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  8. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not many people will be willing to pay for something which is available for free unless your script is really good and has something which no other script has. Secondly 20$ per month for unlimited number of sites or something like 100$ one time licence fee will make more sense. Because I don't think proxies make that much money these days so you have to be realistic. Just a thought. :)

newbie191, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  9. rocksfan

rocksfan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its been more than a year since they scammed thousands of ppl and they closed down,,, no reply to customers email.

most majority of proxy webmaster is using shared proxy hosting... so you will not have many sales due to this reason

if your really good at proxy marketing then also you wud be making 20-30$ per proxy per month..... so you wont get much sale either for 20$ script subscription charge....

rocksfan, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  10. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's far too expensive imho, with the number of proxies I have it would cost me more than I make so it wouldn't be worth it to me. If it were $1 pm per proxy I'd still have to think hard about it. I'll stick with the free ones for now thanks, even if I have to make new ones everyday, at least I'm guaranteed to make a profit.

UncleP, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  11. xternall

xternall Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most people out here started a proxy biz since it's the easiest and cheapest way to enter internet marketing and make a few hundred a month. So unless your script is super awesome and is compatible with all major sites (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) you're being too expensive.

Never had any problems with them.

xternall, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  12. ipro

ipro Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose that's true. What's a good proxy making these days? I think a subscription works better because of the on-going tech support and work I'll be investing into the proxy script.

Well there's not really a way around the shared hosting issue. I can't have the entire codebase in PHP, it would take away some of the major incentives for running this proxy script. Just the Flash parser itself would be incredibly slow.

I didn't know proxies only made $20-30 a month, it's been a while since I was in the proxy industry.

It's hard to believe that even $1/per is too much. Different people have very different strategies with their proxies it seems, because if you check proxy.org you'll see the top 10 portion of their proxy list is sold out, and each slot sells for $250/month. And all those blue colored proxies are paying $75/month. Some people are making good money from their proxies.

Well, I believe Glype has compatibility with those sites with some freely available plugins installed. I'll see what I can do about twitter. Facebook works fairly well at the moment, and so does YouTube.

ipro, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  13. UncleP

UncleP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK so I'm cheap, but for me it's only a hobby, something to learn on, not a business like it is for some people. I spend very little time or money and I can still (and do) make several hundred dollars a month without trying too hard, I do it because it's easy. It pays for my beer at least but I don't expect to do it forever. As regards the proxy org listings I wouldn't spend that, ever, tbh, and I've seen other posts where it's said to be (allegedly) a poor investment, I wonder how many repeat customers there are. But that's an argument for another day, I have my own views on that one.

If you can do proxies in a big way like hidemyass and proxify does and income pays for dedi's and traffic is five or six figures plus a day etc. then it might be worth it but it's not going to be any use to two bit outfits like myself, or other hobbyists and part timers or even third world proxy webmasters. You're talking Harrods and I'm thinking Walmart. No offense.

UncleP, Jun 9, 2011 IP
  14. cefege

cefege Guest

Best Answers:
    I want to make a proxy site. Where should I buy a webhost? What proxy script to use php/glype what are the advantages? I want to start something small at first just to see how it goes then I could add more.
    What add method should I use? Is addsense allowed? What countries to ban?

Pretty much noob questions I guess but I want to learn.

cefege, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  15. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you had bothered to read even 0.01% of this thread you would have known answers to all these questions.

Webhost>>>> Go to webhostingtalk.com
    script>>>>> glype is more popular and easy to use.
    adsense>>>> offcourse it is allowed

newbie191, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  16. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Been ripped off by Global Interactive as well, still looking for a banner advertising network for proxified pages.
    Common guys, there must be a few ways to monetize the framed pages of proxies.

vahing, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  17. Meph

Meph Peon

Best Answers:
    What are the current good networks you guys use for proxified pages these days? Is smowtion still any good? Vahing I read earlier that you quit them, what happened if you dont mind? Thanks!

Meph, Jun 12, 2011 IP
  18. Meph

Meph Peon

Best Answers:
    ipro your script does sound promising although I would much prefer a paid license than monthly sub though I can see your logic in monthly to keep ongoing maintenance. If it can work fully for facebook, myspace, youtube I dont mind paying a monthly sub. Send me a pm please on when this takes off, thanks.

Meph, Jun 12, 2011 IP
  19. xternall

xternall Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about adbrite? chitika? kontera? infolinks? tried one of those?

xternall, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  20. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Out of these I'v tried adbrite and infolinks. Both suck big time.
    Best option right now is popunders but I am also looking for a cpm network along with popunders.

newbie191, Jun 13, 2011 IP