1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I take legal action against a web hosting company who lost my website databas

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by zeewaqar77, Jun 5, 2011.

can someone please guide me how to take a legal action against a web hosting company who lost my all database of my website which was earning me $5-$10 per day...

I have got web hosting from

http://inspedium.com

zeewaqar77, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  2. Jkie Reborn

Jkie Reborn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let me know the actual case , I mean why they deleted it?? Did they give any reasons

Jkie Reborn, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  3. stardust.x7

stardust.x7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sad to hear, is not your provider take regular backup?

stardust.x7, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  4. zeewaqar77

zeewaqar77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Their server had some problem (probably windows crashed) and they couldn't recover the database......

5. zeewaqar77

zeewaqar77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think they didn't take any backup... that's why they are unable to reproduce the database....

Even i can't create a new database in Cpanel and their customer services is pathetic.

6. Minimal Hank

Minimal Hank Peon

Best Answers:
    You should take legal action against yourself for not reading their terms of service.

Minimal Hank, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  7. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Not much you can do. Despite all the warnings on here about taking your own backups - no matter what the host says - you didn't take care of, or protect, your own data. Harsh lesson to learn. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take your own regular backups of your web sites and data, and if it earns you money it's even more important that you do so.

RonBrown, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  8. shareservices

shareservices Peon

Best Answers:
    You probably had to agree to their terms when you first signed up..

As far as I know, no web hosting company out there has ever agreed to be liable for any type of data loss. Although they try to have implications and measures in place to help prevent such issues... they can never fully guarantee that data cannot be loss. This is simply because of how technology works and it's impossible. Even the most expensive hardware out there can fail and can cause data loss at some degree.

You should always keep back ups for yourself as often as you can, store it on your local drive, or multiple drives if possible if the data is truly of high value to you.

shareservices, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  9. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As others mentioned, it helps to read what you agreed to, even if you personally don't. If
    you really want to take "legal action" against the host, then you talk to a lawyer in your
    area and file suit or whatever it's called there.

However, be aware there's no guarantees you'll win. And you might end up frustrated tad
    more than you already are since legal proceedings are time and money-consuming.

Good luck. It's not the end of the world.

Dave Zan, Jun 5, 2011 IP