1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Duplicate Websites

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by webbocat, Jun 2, 2011.

Hello people I have 3 duplicate websites looking exactly similar to each other. Actually the system that I use is webs.com and from there my content with exact design is uploaded to all these three websites.

I actually want to do seo on my website. There is no way in which I can get rid of the any two websites.

What are the options how can i do seo or if now what other type of internet marketing should i do.

webbocat, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  2. webbocat

webbocat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry what i mean to say is i have 3 duplicate website looking exactly similar.

I have webs.com for designing and hosting services.

I feel if I do seo on this one I will not be able to crack as google might find it out very soon.

The problem is as soon as in change content on my website the content for all the three website changes automatically.

I inquired and this cannot be done if i want to stay with Webs.

My question is what are the other ways how i can do Internet marketing if not seo.

thanks and sorry if you did'nt get my earlier post.

webbocat, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  3. webbocat

webbocat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I insist someone to please reply to my question I m waiting for it from long

webbocat, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  4. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If content is diffrent the design is no problem ...

w3bmaster, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  5. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    When you say you have 3 different websites, do you mean you have 3 different domains or 3 different subdomains?
    webs.com is a free hosting provider if i am correct and you must have created 3 websites or else they wouldn't be there automatically
    Since its a free hosting you are advised to take backup and move to another hosting provider, free in case you are not willing to go paid and start a fresh website with your old content and point it to your own domain name. there is no point duplicating the internet and you won't go a long way if you do so.

SSC, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  6. paulvk

paulvk Peon

Best Answers:
    you might change you list meta part of you web, it will help.

paulvk, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  7. Ymreb

Ymreb Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will mark those sites as spam because they have exactly the same content. If you need to rank higher, get some writers and have them write different versions of the content.

Ymreb, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  8. revium

revium Member

Best Answers:
    First you should decide which of the 3 sites you want to rank, and then you should implement a rel canonical tag on the other 2 sites pointing to the third site you want to rank. You will want to implement the rel canonical tag on every page of the 2 sites you do not want to rank, and you will want to setup the redirect from each particular page on the 2 sites not ranking to the same page on the site you want to rank.

For example if you have an about us page then you will want to put a rel canonical tag on the about us page of the 2 sites you do not want to rank pointing to the about us page on the third site you want to rank.

Until recently you were unable to use the rel canonical tag for cross domain purposes, but Google changed this to support cross domain credit in December of 2009.
    http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/021363.html

revium, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  9. webbocat

webbocat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey thanx this is exactly what I was looking for. Many Thanx.

webbocat, Jun 5, 2011 IP