1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

NO PM (private message) should be allowed in BST Forum

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by infogle, Jun 4, 2011.

Hello,

I do think that there should be no PM option for BST forum - as to keep the dealing fair and visible to all.

If script editing is not possible to hide PM option for BST Forum - then this rule should be made that no one should ask for PMs in BST Forum.

This will prevent fraud and excessive PM messaging and there could one thread and one topic dealing with the transaction - because i have seen many times - that people start a thread and ask to PM and even they have closed the transaction - they are repeatedly receiving replies for the work.

Therefore, i truly believe that PM option should be stopped in BST forum.

What are Your Inputs in this regard...

infogle, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  2. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree, not everyone wants to publicly display sale information, such as how much, payment ID etc.

Stingerftw, Jun 4, 2011 IP
    Digital_shubhi likes this.
  3. Ausdrez

Ausdrez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Besides, how are you supposed to label a PM as "BST PM" - One can virtually do PM with any subject or anything. How will you determine that the PM is related to BST in any manner before deploying any such "section labeling" related message function?

Ausdrez, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  4. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    PM is the heart of BST.(I am talking about Private message and not Project Mobius) :D
    Without PM it won't be easy to do business. Or you can say No business at all.

Digital_shubhi, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  5. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you've applied any intelligence to this thread at all. How do you suppose people communicate sensitive information to each other?

Seqqa, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  6. subdivisions

subdivisions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed. What if someone needs to give me their FTP information or something? If there are any major issues, I'm sure admins can see PMs.

subdivisions, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  7. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think this thread is not headed to the right direction -

People - i also know that sensitive information about work can be communicated with PM - but only the information related to work - that how work will be completed and what will be the time frame and other information about how work will be done - and completed should be quoted in public.

so that no scams or rip-off happen - as we see threads every other day that persons have been ripped and then a miscommunication starts - since all the conversation is in PM therefore there is no transparency.

PMs in BST section:
    1. Should only be used to give sensitive information as pointed above - such as FTP and others.
    2. For the price quote of the work.

Rest of the information should be communicated in public so that it could be transparent.

infogle, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  8. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    This is a stupid idea. It will never work because you can't enforce the rule effectively. I think thousands and thousands of PM's are sent daily, most about the BST, I'm not sure if the servers could take all of the extra bandwidth used to post extra messages and for others to be reading them.

EvanP, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's nice to start a sales thread and say, "Here's what I'm offering, if you want it send a PM". That can be a time-saver, especially if you have multiple sales threads open, so you don't have to keep checking the thread. Everytime the screen is refreshed, the system will notify you when you have a private message. Especially for that, I like PM's in the BST forum.

Rebecca, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  10. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PMs are the heart of DPs market . If you don't like them you can block them .

ApocalypseXL, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  11. ibanezgrx1

ibanezgrx1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL.....Project Mobius is the heart of adsense and newbie bashing :p

ibanezgrx1, Jun 6, 2011 IP