1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are religious people stupid?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by djdestruction, May 18, 2011.

1. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wulkanen did not answer this and you simply trolles with a single line without giving an answer. Should i consider your post as 'I have no answer'.

laxman363, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  2. khakcarot

khakcarot Peon

Best Answers:
    Religious people tend to have a low IQ due to the fact that they very rarely question things and think about stuff.They mostly take things as they are and just "play by the rules".
    Are religious people stupid?.. it depends on how they think about religion,if they blindly do every ritual in such a way that if you're around it makes you feel strange,then "Yes,the're stupid".. but if they are religious and just do things that matter (not killing someone is something that matters) they are not stupid.

Hope I helped..

khakcarot, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  3. atvking

atvking Active Member

Best Answers:
    The religion of "Americanism" ... 5% of the world believes it has the right to oppress the other 95% and "secure its resources for itself" ...religion of greed, arrogance and fear...their god is their "commander in chief" and their church is TV...

religion is just systematic brainwash....has evolved to other spheres of our lives as well...just look at americans and their blind belief in the "good intentions" of their wall street government

atvking, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  4. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you.
    Can you repeat that in understandable English please?
    Or atleast re-phrase the sentence.

Wulkanen, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  5. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

The world is a far better place now than in the past......

The religions / politics are meant to evolve and are doing so with marginally positive results.

The individual can reach the Zenith and become Free however without the cause of Mankind as a whole no individual will ever be safe.

All Hale.....Sceince, for its improvements for Life and Knowledge and the betterment it brings to Mankind and how Mankind will employ the Knowledge it has brought. The A-Bomb is and is not.

Breeze Wood, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  6. hueyramone

hueyramone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your statement is very controversial. Every religion teaches love, vice versa too. ;)

hueyramone, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  7. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Science tells me that 1 kg of uranium underoges nuclear reaction and produces mammoth amount of energy. Thats it. Thats what science tells you. Now who gives you the guidelines that this phenomenon must not be used to kill millions of people but rather in the development.

laxman363, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  8. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Now who gives you the guidelines that this phenomenon must not be used to kill millions of people.....

Seems simple enough to understand, Science is the means but not the solution......

Breeze Wood, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  9. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    You do know that you just said that knowledge (aka science) is not the solution, right?
    Of course knowledge is the solution, the more we know, the better we can handle things.

Also, there are laws of who can have nuclear weapons.
    There are also laws in order to prevent use of them.

If you're baiming scientists for the creation of nuclear weapons, then you're partially right.
    If you're blaiming scientists for the use of nuclear weapons, then think again.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    Wulkanen, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  10. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have totally missed the point. I have showed you that science is nothing more than " If you do this you will get this " thing. You are not going to get any moral advice with it. So i am not blaming scientists or anything. I am just trying to tell you that science does not come with moral guidelines.

laxman363, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  11. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just an observation, but I've noticed religious people do not appear to act with a higher level of morality than non-believers.

Edit: To clarify, not that religious people would necessarily act with less morality - But, there just doesn't seem to be that much difference by and large (at least according to my personal experiences).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
    Rebecca, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  12. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that even religious people are real belivers nowdays IMO. People hardly think about god or religion. Just pray in the hard times. Anyways what i meant to say is that morality is a different story and science does not glorify it.

13. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Right, the definition of science:

It's not the function of science to glorify morality.

Rebecca, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  14. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    I understand what you are saying.
    And as Rebecca said, the function of science is not to glorify morality, it's to attain knowledge.
    In a way you might get morality by knowledge, but EI is a thing we all have to work independently with.

Wulkanen, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  15. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well no you cant. If someone is greedy and he misuses science then knowledge for him is destruction for others so morality cannot be attained by knowledge in that case.

16. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    knowledge can give morality.
    If you didn't know that dolphins were comlex creatures able to think for themselves, play and feel pain.
    Then you would have almost no problem with killing them. Though since you gained the knowledge of their nature, you
    will most likely stand up against mass slaughter of dolphins, such as in Japan.

It's just an example but I hope you get the point.
    Knowledge is not directly associated with morality, but it does play a part.

Wulkanen, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  17. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Not sure you do understand.

Faith brings knowledge, respectively is the same as Science brings knowledge.

Science produces tangible results when properly formulated, the A-bomb became existent when the proper formula was discovered.

Faith produces knowledge as well when properly formulated. As a practical matter the laws of the Universe are just as discoverable in the formulation for the existence of life and the continuation of life beyond the confines of the physiological existence and is discoverable to be applied in seeking the Outerworld of the Everlasting and is done so through Faith......or die with your corps as Wulkanen through his disdain of Faith.

The Gardens existence is not the occurrence of Science but of the principles and persuasions within the universe of its Creator that is the source of all knowledge whether Science, Faith or any other admonition sought by Mankind.

Breeze Wood, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  18. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    It's you who don't understand.
    We're talking about the properties of science.
    You're just saying that a god created everything and that everything we say is wrong.

I quote Wikipedia:
    "Faith is hope and belief in the goodness or trustworthiness, of a person, concept or entity, despite insufficient or contradicting evidence."
    Faith is not what brings mankind knowledge, it's what keeps mankind stuck in the same spot for ages, unwilling to change or learn.

Wulkanen, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  19. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    A few non-believers will say that the universe was created by a big bang. The big bang was another cause created by something out of nothing. Look around, there are some Necessary Causes which are Natural Law which structure the Universe. Try and find the Source of Natural Law and the Necessary Causes and we begin to see that there must have been One and only One Necessary Cause which was the First Cause of All that Exists.

Misato, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  20. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will make it more simple. I said morality is what can't be given through science but morality can be intensified by science. You can be evil or be good by using technology the way you want to. So if someone is good by heart and wants the betterment of humanity than technology will help him to do so and if you are evil like OBL then you can use aeroplane technolgy to kill thousands.

Also science does not tell you that a dolphins should not be prosecuted for our gains. Its we and our moral character that does not want us to kill them. Science in no way tells not to do that.

laxman363, Jun 7, 2011 IP