1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fully managed DMCA take-down service!

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by johnleebkk, May 16, 2011.

?

Your thoughts on this Fully Managed DMCA service?

1. i might/will (know someone who would) use this service.

28.6%
  2. Not interested!

71.4%
  3. I don't know.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    I'm launching a fully managed DMCA take-down service this month:

We find and take down digital content such as movies, software, games, articles, graphics etc. If we can't take down the the content being illegally hosted somewhere, a full refund will be issued.

So you can be rest assured that you get most of your content hosted somewhere illegally somewhere removed or your money back GUARANTEED! (We take finding and removing your products/content very seriously)

Please let me know what you think and You can also PM me if you're interested.

johnleebkk, May 16, 2011 IP
  2. BlazeAlot

BlazeAlot Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you some wanna be E-cop?

BlazeAlot, May 19, 2011 IP
  3. johnleebkk

johnleebkk Peon

Best Answers:
    no, im simply an internet entrepreneur :)

johnleebkk, May 19, 2011 IP
  4. Law-Dude

Law-Dude Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you a lawyer with malpractice insurance? What happens if someone hires you and you mess up, incurring liability against your client for defamation, tortious interference with business relations, etc.?

Law-Dude, May 20, 2011 IP
  5. php_

php_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Will you only remove the content from specific sites or all sites that show up on search engines?

php_, May 27, 2011 IP
  6. johnleebkk

johnleebkk Peon

Best Answers:
    im not a lawyer, i'm an internet entrepreneur. I've been developing an anti-piracy system described above. I will be working with http://copybyte.com/ , CopyByte is a consulting firm that specializes in copyright and plagiarism matters in regards to the Web.

johnleebkk, May 27, 2011 IP
  7. johnleebkk

johnleebkk Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically anywhere on the internet. As long as people are able to find the content/products and illegally download them, i can find and remove it, not 100% of course (enough to make it very hard for most people illegally downloading the product to either don't use or buy it)

For example: You have a product called 'Photoshop CS5' and its all over the internet, thousands of people download and use it every month without paying a dime. You simply register with my system, set up a list of products that you don't want to be downloaded from the internet. Thats it, i and my system will find and remove all that we can. You can also set up a limit so that your costs will not surpass your weekly/monthly budget. but there is pretty much no limit on my side. Hope that answers your question :)

johnleebkk, May 27, 2011 IP
  8. daslim

daslim Member

Best Answers:
    And what are your Rates ?

daslim, May 28, 2011 IP
  9. johnleebkk

johnleebkk Peon

Best Answers:
    There are four plans:

Basic $375 (per week/month) : 1 product - 10 free links - $10/Link thereafter
    StartUp $749 (per week/month) : 5 products - 50 free links - $9/Link thereafter
    Pro $1499 (per week/month) : 25 products - 100 free links - $7/Link thereafter + WebSeal
    Enterprise $2999 (per week/month) : Unlimited products - 500 free links - $5/Link thereafter + Webseal

*All plans include a management system.

johnleebkk, May 28, 2011 IP
  10. Law-Dude

Law-Dude Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, to be clear, you won't be carrying any insurance to protect your clients against lawsuits if you end up sending an improper DMCA takedown notice?

Law-Dude, May 31, 2011 IP
  11. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to be licensed in whatever place to be able
    to practice something as "legal" as this?

Dave Zan, May 31, 2011 IP
  12. Imbo

Imbo Member

Best Answers:
    No currently there are no licensing requirements nor do you have to be an attorney.

In fact most major corporations, either outsource most of their IP related research work to third party companies, and the people that are filling out similar requests are neither lawyers or paralegals.

That said, to protect yourself and company it obviously would be advisable that you get some type of insurance and at the very least incorporate your business.

Imbo, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  13. macadu

macadu Member

Best Answers:
    Law Dude, can't he just do a simple legal disclaimer saying we are not responsible for anything?

macadu, Oct 19, 2011 IP