1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Amazing Concept - Needs New Owner

Discussion in 'Sites' started by solidsoul2010, Jun 2, 2011.

Good Day; Moneyscavenger.com was created with a fool proof foundation and targetted concept. Problem one occured when our coder decided to take on other projects, problem two occured when our graphic guy hit the hills too.. needless to say the site was days from lauching and the team fell apart and is need of a new owner to have it live again... I PROMISE you that the price you pay will not even come close to the amount it would take to build this from ground up... wouldn't even scratch the surface.

Heres some details
    The site is an online scavenger hunt that takes place on promotors sites via a snippet of code they embed on thier site that displays a treasure chest when thier site is active in the currently running hunt. (if thier site isn't in the rotation for this hunt the php code simply isn't active on thier site) we put plenty of time behind the logic that webmasters wouldn't want to have a piece of code on the site that would get in the way of thier design, all images are transparent and don't bother other content in anyway.

Users loggin to the social end of the site (yes it's built in social feature allows users to display pictures, chat keeping them at the site between games) once logged in they are presented with the current games taking place, games just ended, winners from privious games and are able to join the current game or register for the next game. Users can join a game at anytime but are told in advance that they are at a disadvantage of winning as the game already started.. one the game begins users are given the first website to follow (advertisers pay to be part of the hunt that grants them access to not only visitors but users browsing every inch of thier sites) one the user lands on the site it's up to them to browse the site and locate the treasure chest could be anywhere (forbidden to place the snippet somewhere that is paid section, or requires any input from the users) once they find it, click it they are given a unique code copy it come back to their profile page where the game box changed to submit code,submitted the code gives you one point and produces another link to follow... this process goes unitl a user has got 50 points and is deemed the winner followed by a second and third place winner... these games give out REAL cash ( a portion of the advertiers monies).. (this amount can be set to whatever you would like)

the game ends and another starts... right now it's set to start a new game every 4hrs this too can be changed to whatever you want.

HOW DO I MAKE MONEY?

- sites that take part in the hunts pay to enter (they place a snippet on thier site and activate)
    - banner advertising from advertisers who rather just promote inside the members page
    - monitize anyway you feel you can many options just obviously the hunts and sponsors main income avenue.

WHY AM I SELLING

- simple I lost my team

WHAT IS INCLUDED

everything is yours the domain, source files -
    PLEASE NOTE: the site is in it's final stage and still needs a coder to complete a few small moduals to complete.. list of what needs to be finished is included (no more than 200 for a programmer to do hence my cost evaluation being so low to own this project, I will even give name of a programmer I work with over seas thats cheap and good)

thats it guys ask me what you want to know, register and have a peek around..

solidsoul2010, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  2. tennerrs.com

tennerrs.com Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I like the concept alot however how much were you going to charge each site and how many sites would have to be seen per hunt?

tennerrs.com, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  3. Jakiller

Jakiller Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, the idea behind it is awesome, good luck with the sale ;)...

Jakiller, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  4. Channing

Channing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Interesting, but still, even if you lost your team, why not get it finished yourself with others? The big worry here is that it is going to be impossible to complete to working order, then it's $300 down the drain. Not a good gamble imho. You should get it completed to working order and then offer it and provide a demo. It's kind of a difficult choice to just take this on without knowing that it will really work when finished.

Channing, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  5. solidsoul2010

solidsoul2010 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Game as it stands right now is ready to run... the features I would have added would have made my time running lower. We were getting a spider built so that rather than manually approving advertisers sites once they add the snippet it would be crawled by our spider to verify the placement... this is nice but not needed...

as stated the game itself is running order and if you register and look the games are taking place and you can actually play...

features is all I needed to add to make it more owner friendly...why I didn't finish it myself is cause I'm not a coder..

now that said; if I'm saying it's in running order why I'm not running it myself.... in short I was the funding factor behind this project and the idea was mine - I was to have nothing to do with the launch and advertising... needless to say I don't have that knowledge

We were charging 49.99/mth for advertisers to be in every single game - atleast 50 sites needed to be seen however we had other ideas behind the hunts and that was promoting our own sites too so if we only had xx advertisers I have numerous sites that would have filled the blanks along with the others who had sites to promote.. so it was a win win make money from advertising and promote our own operations.

Trust me when I say that me selling this site for $300.00 bucks is a steal I have FARRRRR more than that invested in initial startup, the social aspect behind the site alone was over 500 to program.. thats no even toughing the game itself.. $300.00 to me maybe $200.00 if that to another coder to enhance a few time comsuming features and your laughing.

you can set the game to as many points as you want so if you only have 25 sites included in hunt then it's first to 25 or so forth..

even at 10 sites (and for the record 1 post on warrior forum I had 6 people ready to go when the site went live) so 10 sites even at 49.99/mth is $500.00 splash some banners in there and adsence even..

solidsoul2010, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  6. Arkidas

Arkidas Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If I bought this site how would I get it running? You say you know a coder who could finish it? So I could just pay him $200 and the site would be good to go? You mentioned the designer left as well. Are there any things left to design?

Looks interesting.

Arkidas, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  7. Channing

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Site has a lot of issues. Misspellings, navigation links that don't work, inadequate instructions, etc...and I can't find a treasure box anywhere. Is this compatible with all major browsers?

Channing, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  8. solidsoul2010

solidsoul2010 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yes, there may be some outstanding issues your right Channing....great observation my friend! I claim it needs a new owner to flourish didn't I? yes compatible with all browsers, Some links are not setup, again mentioned it was in it's final stages.. as far as finding treasure chests goes there are only a few sample sites setup in the system to show how it works..the snippets are not present... I do think it's active on heavenshackers.com though and that should come up in the list of games..

are you interested in the site channing or....

solidsoul2010, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  9. Channing

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    If it can be proven to really work, sure I'm interested. But I check things our thoroughly before I commit. I'm wise with my money. ;)

Channing, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  10. tennerrs.com

tennerrs.com Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just clicked on join game and all that came up was a black box with game 1041

tennerrs.com, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  11. solidsoul2010

solidsoul2010 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    yup with a box that says submit code and a website to start..?

12. solidsoul2010

solidsoul2010 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Guys, I'm straight saying that work is still needed to complete site.. your buying the work that has already been done and a great concept. I guess it would be better suiting for someone with a coder background or access to a coder thats willing to jump in... $100.00 take it WHY causes it's sitting dormant so someone either take it and run with it or it sits dormant... to me it don't matter I could careless what happens with it.. just giving somone the option to keep going where we left off the concept is GREAT and alot of the work is already done..

13. tom210

tom210 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you PM me screenshots or login for the backend and what full details of what still needs coding to make the site fully functional.

tom210, Jun 4, 2011 IP