1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alertpay just scam me 288$ Dont do business with alertpay

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by INDIAN123, Jul 6, 2010.

?

Alertpay is shit processor .Stick with paypal

Poll closed Mar 14, 2024.
  1. Yes

35.4%
  2. No

64.6%
  1. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does Alertpay allow us to withdraw our Alertpay funds to our Credit Card?

Card, May 3, 2011 IP
  2. ethenite29

ethenite29 Peon

Best Answers:
    AlertPay is absolutely horrible. I received some money from a friend. Both of us live in the USA. Firstly i had to wait 14 days before the funds would be un-frozen by aletpay. Then the only option available to withdrawal funds (supposedly due to technical issues with alertpay system) was to my checking account. So i wait, 5 days later after submitting the withdrawal instead of seeing "completed" i see declined. So I called them and they said that their security department was making sure the transfer was a legitimate one. Remember that was a 5 business day wait...including the weekend and the 14 day hold I was up to 21 days without seeing one cent from the transaction. So I attempt to withdrawal to my checking yet again! Wait 5 business, a whole week. Once again instead of saying "completed" it said declined. So i call and email this time. Phone customer support, said it was done by the security department and I needed to open up a ticket. So I did, and they said that they were in the process of determining if the funds were sent legitimately. So they contacted the sender, he verified. They sent me an email telling me I could withdrawal the funds through my checking now as the sender verified. So at this point I am at 28 days of seeing not one cent of the transfer. So attempt the checking withdrawl yet again. You guessed it 5 business days later (7 days total) the funds were declined by alertpay again. Only this time after they declined the funds they froze the funds. So i call yet again. Customer support said "Due to your account being a new account and the funds were almost 1000usd, the security department is reviewing this transaction". I said "it was once a new account but since you all have had me wait over a month, my account is no longer a new account". Anyways every week I would check the account to see if the funds were still frozen, and every week they were. Until 6 weeks later, the account had been closed by AlertPay, my friend did not receive any of his back. He called them and they gave him the same nonsense they gave me, "due to the receivers account being a new account this transfer is being investigated by the security department". People, almost 13 months after my friend sent the money, neither of us have it thanks to alert pay. 4 people that i talk to online from various parts of the USA have worse than that experiences with AlertPay. Don't do it, do not sign up with them...not for merchant, business, or personal. Just remember if you read this and sign up and get ripped off...you got no one to blame cause here was your warning!

ethenite29, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  3. luzern

luzern Peon

Best Answers:
    Whoa, I happen to have money in Alertpay. I thought they're better than PayPal

luzern, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  4. techabsolute

techabsolute Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes they are giving this facility...

techabsolute, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  5. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    better safe than sorry

thesickearth, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  6. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow that's terrible. I have an alertpay account too though don't use for big transfers. Now there are around only 50$ I guess better see how they do when we request a check.

bluearrow, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  7. SAGILIO

SAGILIO Member

Best Answers:

OMG its true scam :confused::mad:

SAGILIO, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  8. r4ds

r4ds Peon

Best Answers:
    So many have bad experience with Alertpay.

As i seller,i thinks Alertpay is good more than most of CC Company.
    1. I use alertpay have received more than $100000, Just little charge back, less than ten.
    2. the withdraw take little longer than others, usually need 5-7 days.
    3. the Customer Services not very good, Tickets may be need wait 2-3 days to get a reply.

r4ds, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  9. ethenite29

ethenite29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember everyone, the money that goes through AlertPay is in Canada. It is a Canadian Bank where the funds are transferred into when a purchase is made. The bank gains interest off of those funds. The longer the funds are in the Bank the more interest they get. I'm sure there are some people who have good expereince's with AlertPay. Unfortunately for myself and many people I know, Alertpay has been nothing more than a scam. I have asked some of my friends from around the US to join the forum and tell you all their experience as well. As to the comment "Better safe than sorry" I will remember to say that to you when they hold a thousand dollars of yours for over a year. Thats not safe thats what we call in the USA as a scam. Perhaps if you have been with Alertpay for a very long time, and don't receive transactions over 800usd you may never get this problem. Please read the fine print at AlertPay, for all of you wanting sell anything online and you just start with Alertpay, you will have to wait 14 days madatory before the funds of the seller become available to you. All withdrawal methods minus the bank withdrawal will be unavailable to new personal pro and merchant accounts. You will wait the maximum 5 business for the Canadian Bank to even think of releasing your funds. It will not get release on the 5th day, there will be a security review where their security department will call the buyer and ensure they received the product, then you can began the whole withdrawal business again. So look for a month to you new seller of personal pro or merchant account before seeing a dime. My friends when they join will give you better specifics on that.

ethenite29, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  10. camrymps

camrymps Member

Best Answers:
    yeah i agree...alertpay sucks...go with paypal it is much better :)

camrymps, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  11. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Camrymps,I agree with you.alertpay sucks and is much horrible.Its better to use Paypal only :)

Card, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  12. gplthomasyork

gplthomasyork Peon

Best Answers:
    AlertPay is a big scammer of US Customers. If they were honest they would tell US Customers who apply for their services that "any new US Customers after Jan, 1. 2011 are subject to a 14 day hold on all funds related to a transaction until 2 months when the Security will do a review on your account". They should continue with "Withdrawals for US Customers will take the maximum of 5 days, and on the fifth day the US Customer's transaction will be declined" and finally "Once you have contacted our security department and they have had the party of the transaction jump through hoops to verify the transaction then we will allow you to apply for a 5 business day withdrawal again". I am so not kidding people. Do not and I say again Do Not use AlertPay for your payment processor. If they haven't already ripped you off they soon will. Complaints of them scamming US Customers is growing rapidly within the last few months. ""Ethenite29"" you are dead on buddy, your same experience is happening to tons of US Customers. If you have AlertPay, pull your funds out immediately!!! It will not be long before the US Government shuts down transactions to and from them like they have with other foreign payment processing companies. Ethenite29 gave you all very good warning and advice. If anyone who reads this, loose's their money to AlertPay now...it is their own fault for not listening and not seeing the signs. I was used a foreign Payment Processor last year and they started pulling the same stuff. Senators were alerted by citizens who were duped by the company. The US Government shut down all transaction incoming and outgoing to that company. It only takes one good complaint, but PayAlert is getting tons of complaints in several states. Go with PayPal or something that is here in the US, pull your funds out of AlertPay before you loose them for good!

gplthomasyork, Jun 3, 2011 IP
  13. knumpcys knook

knumpcys knook Peon

Best Answers:
    Alert Pay is the same as PayPal and was created because in the beginning that PayPal would not accept funds from Asia or certain parts of East Europe, so it was created, this I believe is still true and have never had a problem with them. The company you may have dealt with may have been in financial woes and did the reversal on you.

knumpcys knook, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  14. moustafa

moustafa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    some of the above stories may be right but the topic starter is a true poor bad scammer who scammed alot of members here on the forum so losing his AP account is a very fair action to be taken against him.

moustafa, Jun 13, 2011 IP
  15. bespoked

bespoked Peon

Best Answers:
    I really do not know why this bastard of a company Alertpay is still in business. Before we opened an account with them we specifically sent an Email to them clearly informing them that we sell adult DVDs on our website and if that will be fine, they just responded by sending us a link to the categories that they support. We reviewed the categories carefully and found our category listed, we then registered and thought everything will be smooth sailing. We had been using paypal initially but since Ebay bought them over they stopped dealing with a lot of categories and we were affected so we had to find another company, but I tell you, doing business with paypal was great, we do a withdrawal and we get it "NO STORIES". After making numerous sales through email payment request sent to our customers (we sent email request because we had not integrated the payment gateway at that time) we started receiving Emails from a few of our regular customers that they will be surprised if we keep using alertpay due to their bad reputation of finding ways to steal from their customers. At first we laughed it off but my partner became worried and said that we should try withdrawing $400 from the $1,750 we made in a few day. I obliged and enacted the withdrawal, within 8 hours of doing the transfer, I got an Email that our account has been LIMITED and that a KYC is required (Know Your Customer). I then immediately called them and later sent all the requested information they required. 4 weeks later still no response from them my partner and I were mad because we are a small business and you just can't do this to us, we then called again and this time were not so nice and voiced our opinion, the lady we spoke to told us that they are having problems with their acquiring bank and we should be patient, we asked her how long it take for the issue with their acquiring bank to be resolved and she responded by saying "Well I do not know, it might take a few weeks to a few months, but in the mean time you can still be sending email payment requests to your customers to make payments" LMAO stupid chick, imagine that nonsense, she has no idea when we will get our money but she wants us to keep sending our customers to their website to pay, we gave the female a piece of our mind and hung up the phone. Within 4 hours we got an Email that our account has been permanently compromised, below is the Email:

Hello,

My name is Omar and I am contacting you on behalf of AlertPay's Security Department.

After careful review of an audit conducted in your account, it has been identified that our Terms of Service have been violated. Due to your failure to comply with our policy and the high risk associated with your transactions, AlertPay has made the decision to sever its business relationship with you and terminate your account. As we wish you the best to your future endeavors, we remind you that your name and information has been added to the AlertPay watch list and future submissions of this information will be declined. There will be no appeals to this decision.

Thank you for your understanding.
    ----------------------------------
    Thank you for choosing AlertPay! If you have any additional questions, don't forget to consult our FAQs at

Omar
    "My Way to Pay"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Can you imagine this assholes, you guys gave us the go ahead to sell DVDs which was listed on the supported category obviously the lady got mad the way we abruptly hung up the phone and this was how they respond to us, a retaliation to our frustration. We then sent them an Email saying that this is bogus because we specifically told you we will be selling adult dvds. We got no response. We then sent them another Email asking them if our money has been seized? Below is the Email we received:

Hello,

The funds in your account will be placed on a 180 day hold from today. Please contact us at that time and we will allow access to your account in order for you to withdraw the funds.

We appreciate your cooperation.
    Thank you for choosing AlertPay! If you have any additional questions, don't forget to consult our FAQs

Omar

"My Way to Pay"
    ---------------------------
    Not a problem, to be honest this was the best thing that ever happened to us, because after this experience we applied for a merchant account and got it within 72 hours, now we process our own payments ourselves, NO THIRD PARTY PROCESSOR, we do it ourselves close our batch every night and the money is directly sent to our bank account, so we get our money everyday and this gives us the cash flow to survive as a small business. Anyway, back to the crooks, 180 days came and we then sent them an Email, imagine they want you to remind them when it is 180 days, paypal usually reminds you LMAO this guys are so unprofessional, and please to clarify this guys are not Canadians who live in Montreal, Canada, they are immigrant who migrated to Canada from India. So we sent them an Email on the 180th day informing them to please release our money, we were as polite as possible in the Email after hearing stories from some of our colleagues that they can seize your money if they wish (can you imagine that! these clowns think they are in India were you can do whatever you like) we did not get an Email until 6 days and below is the Email we finally received:
    -----------
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

You may now access your AlertPay account and withdraw your remaining funds. Please note that we have applied a fine of $500.00 USD as you were found to be in violation of our User Agreement. For more information you may review section, "6.3 Monetary Penalties" of our User Agreement.

Please notify us once you have initiated the withdrawal so that we may potentially expedite it.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Thank you for choosing AlertPay! If you have any additional questions, don't forget to consult our FAQs

Adeel
    Fraud Response Team
    "My Way to Pay"
    -----------------------------
    Ladies and gentlemen we were set up from day one by this company, because they knew exactly that we were selling Adult DVDs before we opened our account, we later did some research online and found out that they intentionally sway people in to open accounts and hit them with the KYC only when you have made over $500. There is no other company that does this but Alertpay this company is a very hungry company that intentionally seek ways to get rich off innocent merchants who have worked so hard to build their business, we all know that no one really uses them compared to paypal so the way they can stay in business is to take $500 from merchants fraudulently. You have heard our story, if you cannot do business with Paypal based on the merchandise you are selling, get your own merchant account its only $45 / month. Do not fall victim to this thieves and to sum it up, we still have not received our money from Alertpay until to day, we have sent them numerous Emails and still no response. All our hard earned money has been lost. We regret the day we ever decided to go with this company but then again, it was a blessing in disguise because we now process our payment from our virtual terminal ourselves. Stay blessed people and avoid crooks that make a living robbing hardworking merchants. To all merchants reading this there is a lot of money to be made out there, do not listen to people still talking about recession, there is no recession if you are selling the right product. Cheers.

bespoked, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  16. Chrisz@AlertPay

Chrisz@AlertPay Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

AlertPay started in 2004 and now has over 6 million members. Over the past few years we've been growing very rapidly with nearly 8000 new members joining us every day! With all these members our responsibilities to our clients is paramount and we must do everything possible to keep our members satisfied and their businesses running.

In order to do this we require all of our members to conform to our User Agreement which allows us to keep doing business and to keep providing financial services. When someone goes against our User Agreement they are jeopardizing all our members and we must take the appropriate action.

This matter is now closed as far as we are concerned we apologise that we were unable to support your business.

Chris Z
    Online Community Support
    www.AlertPay.com

Chrisz@AlertPay, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  17. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I too think alertpay is not so good.
    I like Paypal

pupul, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  18. edvan

edvan Peon

Best Answers:
    alertpay is shit. their fees are too high.

edvan, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  19. timmbti

timmbti Peon

Best Answers:
    paypal is even much worse than this... they just freeze my acccount with money in it without any evidence...and their support is just robot, no brain, no heart..

timmbti, Jul 1, 2011 IP
  20. gnoll

gnoll Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello. Please advice what does it mean: "As the source of the funds is fraudulent in nature, we have declined your withdrawal and reversed the funds you received from .... "

I`m a freelancer. I have some friends that work with me too. We create a game for client and he send us the payment for it via alertpay. But I cant withdraw them because alertpay reversed them. What can we do now? This is not fraud, I can provide all information about me and about our work so why we cant get money for our work???

Regards,
    Kirill

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
    gnoll, Jul 19, 2011 IP