1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it restricted for US citizens only ?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by varun8211, Oct 24, 2006.

So you need Tax ID or SSN to start using this ? means, websites other than in US, cant use this service from yahoo?
    I wonder why, are they doing this ?

varun8211, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  2. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    If you read like 2 theads in this forum you will get the answer. I am getting sick of posts like this and i think there should be a new rule about people posting the same question over and over.

Tip: Read The FAQ than maybe 2 threads on this page

jeeesh
    harrison

p.s. is ypn only open to usa because non usa people just don't like to read the stuff which clearly states the rules?

xharrisonx, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  3. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, the YPN or Yahoo Publisher Network is only available to US residents.

ArcticPro, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  4. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    resident != citizen

So the answer to the OP is no.

andre75, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  5. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    slava, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  6. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    In some other forums (including Yahoo) racism is the answer

However, there are many affiliate programs intended for US audience, and that is more likely advertisers requirement, i.e. sending samples for snail mail or coupons valid for US residents.

Apart of this, Yahoo sucks in many ways, but specially domain names even though this comment has nothing to do with the original question

Pat Gael, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    YPN is still under BETA and they are still working out the bugs. It is still not a complete commercially-ready solution. What I learn in school is that when something is in BETA, you want to limit the number of test subjects to minimize any issues. They would be irresponsible to offer a beta to a wide audience especially since it involves money.

I am sure when they are out of beta, they will offer the service to people outside the US.

It has nothing to do with being racial or anything. 200 million people screaming and suing them when something goes wrong is better than 5 billion people doing that.

It is like when they develop medicial drugs, during the test stage, they would test on mice before limited human trials before getting FDA approval and releasing it to the world.

The reason is pretty much the same.

eddy2099, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  8. abcdefGARY

abcdefGARY Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    waiting for 4 months and counting!

abcdefGARY, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  9. D3Si

D3Si Peon

Best Answers:
    you don't need to be citizen you just need to be US resident

if you live in US then you get SSN, so you can apply

i m not US Citizen But I'm US Resident

D3Si, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  10. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    :confused: I am neither a buisiness nor a citizen but a YPN publisher :cool:
    Maybe you mean legal entity? Has anyone ever read the TAC anyways? Far too much info.

andre75, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  11. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you are not eligible to use YPN and you comitted purjury when you had applyied for the YPN Beta test.

slava, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  12. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    no court of law here, lying is not illegal nor is giving ypn false information (just breach of tos). ypn verifies your tax information. if it is not valid, they will hold your payment and you will not get paid. therefore, if he is getting paid, then he has a valid account. Whether he is using someone elses tax info or his own is a different story and frankly, none of my business.

to get an account you do not need to be a US resident. what you do need is US tax information and a US address. you can live in japan and if you have a valid US SS number or EIN number you are eligable for an account (at ypns strict discretion of course). You dont even need to be a US citizen to have a SS number or an EIN number. Its all about Uncle Sam, being on file with them, and ypn having the ability to report your earnings to them.

jmo

karagold, Oct 24, 2006 IP
    slava likes this.
  13. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    Your actually right about the purjury thing, don't know what I was thiking when I posted that, but as for SSN number, a sole proprietor in US can use his SSN to file taxes for his business, according to YPN TOS you need to be a US business, so if you give them your SSN then they can verify it without you actually having a sole proprietorship, however it can cause dificulty for you later on because you are in deed breaking the YPN TOS, and you agreed to abide by them when you registered.

slava, Oct 24, 2006 IP
    karagold likes this.
  14. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    im not so sure about that. you can apply with your SS number and be paid under your SS number (self employed). However, its how you pay your taxes that distiguishes you and that has nothing to do with ypn. all ypn cares is that they paid x SS number or EIN number, they let the IRS know that x SS number was paid some amount and that the IRS should be getting taxes on it and that ypn will be reducing their gross taxable revenues by the amounts they paid out (reasonable deductions). It is then your responsibility to file your taxes properly and claim your YPN earnings in accordance with the tax laws, whatever those might be. so you may be right that the irs sees those earnings as self employed via your SS number (and therefore want you to pay self employment tax and claim those earnings as self employed income), but i dont know, so i cant refute that. Personally, im signed up under my corportation and enjoy the advantages of being such. but i dont see signing up via a SS number any kind of violation of ypn's tos, otherwise i doubt they would allow the option.

jmo

karagold, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  15. andre75

andre75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahaha. Complete BS what you are babbling about. I have the same status as many here (legal resident != citizen). I live in the US and I pay my taxes in the US hence I qualify.
    They even have a selction where you can tell them that you are a private person (which I am, hence not a business).
    Why don't you get your facts straight before you lash out and accuse people of crimes they didn't commit.

andre75, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  16. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed. I'm not a business either and have no problem getting paid from YPN!

SamOwen, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  17. wwhhing

wwhhing Active Member

Best Answers:
    So hard to get involve in Yahoo publisher!!!

wwhhing, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  18. xharrisonx

xharrisonx Peon

Best Answers:
    Threads like this are ridiculous. You are making threads asking a question which you already know the answer to! The section on this forum is for publishers to share information and ideas etc. Not for indians to ask the same question every day. Its very irritating, so STOP

byebye
    harrison

xharrisonx, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  19. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    dont read the thread and you wont be bothered.

karagold, Oct 25, 2006 IP
  20. varun8211

varun8211 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, this thread has been very helpful for me.. many of the very interesting and useful stuff.. thought some are just spam.. but not ALL..

varun8211, Oct 25, 2006 IP