1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why google make the facebook fan page a good position

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by FlyingWings, May 23, 2011.

Recently, I have found a phenomena that the facebook fan page have got a good position even more than the official website page
    that's really amazing, I am just wodering why that would happen,
    I am wondering
    who can tell me the reason
    contact me http://www.facebook.com/michaellvjie

FlyingWings, May 23, 2011 IP
  2. ajbaumer

ajbaumer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Creating Facebook fan pages which is sometimes termed as "business page" not only helps boost your business profile, but also it allows you to share information about your products/services. Another good thing about it, is that fb fan page, is different from your own personal page, anyone, can view your fan page even if they don't log in - this only means that your page has a greater chance of driving traffic, and ranking in SE results.

ajbaumer, May 23, 2011 IP
  3. nibblymonster

nibblymonster Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, I wouldn't be so quick to call it a phenomena. I just tested out your theory with a few websites I know, and their facebook pages are ranked well below their official sites, and even below twitter in some cases.

If you've noticed that a facebook fan page ranks higher than its corresponding website, it could be because the fan page is updated more regularly than the official site. You wouldn't keep checking back at the official site if you knew that there wasn't anything new there.

nibblymonster, May 23, 2011 IP
  4. ajbaumer

ajbaumer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's actually because a lot of people of all ages, get hooked on Facebook. Just consider the millions of facebook accounts, plus the fan pages, created for businesses.. No wonder facebook has been one of the top social networking sites online.

ajbaumer, May 23, 2011 IP
  5. sfpkent

sfpkent Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi ajbaumer,

Hahahaha, I like your comment. Luckily Google hasn't factored Facebook into its algorithm.... :)

sfpkent, Jun 1, 2011 IP