1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Main 'Authority' site and 'Low-traffic' Sub Sites - Best way to do sub-sites?… Help!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mikler, May 31, 2011.

Hi!

A newbie question - help/comments greatly appreciated.

I am trying to dominate the local search in my area for a specific business.

I currently have one 'exact search term' domain name, local 'authority' site that gets the majority of the searches for this business in my area. This 'authority' site is ranked on Google as No.1, nicely optimised with suitable keywords and good content. There is a good range of backlinks. This is the site that I have put all my effort into. This is working well.

However (and this is my problem) there are a number of other very-low-traffic 'exact search term' domain names that I have purchased that get just a few clicks each month but have zero/VERY LOW competition. My point is that it is not economically sensible to put much effort into these, but I don't want to ignore them either.

It just doesn't warrant doing sites with lots of pages/content...

I am looking for advice as to the best course of action here…..

I was wondering whether it is possible, for these very low traffic sites, to create some sort of very simple single page sites with a minimum of SEO e.g. standard 'title' 'description' etc and a single page of content that is simply optimised for my keyword - this will easily get to No.1 on Google.

However, what I want to do is, as soon as the user has arrived at this minimal-content page, to immediately 'forward' the user to my main site as soon as they arrive? Perhaps using meta-refresh? (is there something more modern?) that immediately transfers the visitor to my main site, which is really where I want to get them.

If I immediately 'diverted' visitors to my main site, would google still rank the low-traffic, low competition page?

Is there a better way of doing this?

I hope I have explained myself correctly….

Detailed help/comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mik

mikler, May 31, 2011 IP
  2. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    There is no need to buy a domain for every longtail keyword. Just buy a general domain for that niche and create a dedicated html page for each page. With some backlinks and proper on-page site optimization you will be able to rank high for these low competition keywords in just a few weeks. If you want to totally dominate the SERP you will need no more than 3-4 domains (even if they're on the same IP).

zexy, May 31, 2011 IP
  3. mikler

mikler Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Zexy

Thanks for your comments. But my question specifically relates to the best course of action for those extra domains?

mikler, May 31, 2011 IP