1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Сonsequences 301 redirect. Need some advice

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Diviner, May 31, 2011.

I wrote about the "301" on this forum some time ago.
    (http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2172882&highlight=New+website+301+redirect.+Need+help.)

At first time after redirect I've lost PR and traffic. Traffic eventually began to normalize, but pagerank never returned. Now, every day began to fall traffic to the site as backlinks ceased to bring visitors for some reason.

Now I need some advice. I want move my site back to old domain (new.mysite.com >> (www.)mysite.com) to remove this 301 redirect.

Is that can be good idea? Or Can you advise me how to move site without any consequences now?

Diviner, May 31, 2011 IP
  2. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    I have removed all 301 redirects from my site as these were limiting backlinks and my pages were not being crawled properly. Idk why that happened. I would recommend you go into Google Webmasters and set your default domain from in there to www. However, you will lose your backlinks upon this.

Adnan959, May 31, 2011 IP
  3. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah diviner i may certainly agree to your points.Few days back i too have tried to put 301 redirect but slowly and gradually i began to loose my acquired backlinks.MY 4 years efforts were going down to the mud.Finaly i have removed 301 redirect and SEO experts say that its good from SEO perspective.

jacuzzi, May 31, 2011 IP
  4. Diviner

Diviner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    And one more question: Site already indexed in search engines (1 month online with 301 redirect). How critical will be back on a domain "www." ?

Diviner, May 31, 2011 IP
  5. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Redirecting (301) your old domain has a very positive impact on the SERPs for the destination domain, but only for the search terms where domain A already ranked.

What does NOT get transferred however is the accumulated toolbar PR for that domain.

To make matters slightly more complex however, weight passing links to your old domains do pass SOME PR to the new domain. The total amount is somewhat diminished though.

Guisbar, May 31, 2011 IP