1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO strategies: When is it clear that a new website design is needed?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ALX-VALLEJO, May 27, 2011.

My business has experienced a recent drop in conversion rate and traffic. We've been running Google PPC campaigns for both Virginia and Maryland. We rank around 7-9 on certain keywords in Virginia and surprisingly generate most of our business from that market. We rank #1 for two important keywords in Maryland but that is where we can't perform.

I find that one of the most difficult challenges as an SEO consultant is measuring and comparing your competitors. It seems like while Google is changing their algorithms and Google Places is taking a stronger stance in SERPs, new competitors keep popping up with new and exciting web site designs.

Could this be the reason why our conversion rate has dropped?

Thanks

ALX-VALLEJO, May 27, 2011 IP
  2. northernweb

northernweb Peon

Best Answers:
    No. Look to add more unique content to your site and try to do some guest blogging. This will definitely help to boost your ranking and stand you in good stead for the future. Drop me a PM if you need advice on writing content.

northernweb, May 27, 2011 IP
  3. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Web site design is something SEO is another ... depends on site niche but usualy even a crappy poor designed 1 page sells like hell if you have good traffic ...

w3bmaster, May 28, 2011 IP
  4. ALX-VALLEJO

ALX-VALLEJO Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I know, it's hard to swallow when your rankings are outstanding and your conversions just dropped to the floor. I feel the only way I can justify that is if my competitors experienced the same drop. Other than that, both my organic conversions and Adwords conversions just dropped like crazy.

To paraphrase this questions: The goal of SEO is to develop the optimal user experience on your website that meets the needs of both buyers and researches to create long-term loyal customers. If my client's website is from the mid 1990s, usability testing becomes somewhat difficult because changing elements on the site becomes a tedious and daunting task.

If my client were to, say, migrate to Wordpress or some other CMS, the increased flexibility for moving elements around and adding new features allows for a more robust and efficient method of multivariate testing.

Am I wrong or am I right?

Last edited: May 28, 2011
    ALX-VALLEJO, May 28, 2011 IP
  5. sfpkent

sfpkent Peon

Best Answers:
    No necessary. If you want to check if your website problem, use google analytics and heat map to check. Simply change design may waste your time and money.

sfpkent, May 30, 2011 IP
  6. ALX-VALLEJO

ALX-VALLEJO Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using Google Analytics and the only conclusion I can make is that our Maryland market is becoming saturated by the competition. Our conversion rates just dropped.

What service do you use to see a heat map of your website?

ALX-VALLEJO, May 30, 2011 IP