1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO for Bing/Yahoo ...

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by maddog13r, May 25, 2011.

Has anyone experienced issues listing with Bing/Yahoo? I had a handful of sites indexed until October 2010 when Bing purchased/merged with Yahoo. Since the merger, a handful of my well ranked sites fell completely off both engines. After much effort, I setup a marketing account with Bing/Microsoft and was assigned an account rep. I mentioned all the recent issues to the account rep and he acknowledged issues with the Bing/Yahoo search index. He felt confident everything would resolved itself within a few weeks - that was back in November 2010.

Here we are in May 2011 and my sites are still nowhere to be found. In addition, I am hearing similar stories from other site owners. I have opened support tickets, participated in Bing forums, used all white hat techniques, formally submitted my sites, etc., etc., etc. and still no luck. Curious to get thoughts from the SEO community on DP ... thanks!

maddog13r, May 25, 2011 IP
  2. danmon

danmon Active Member

Best Answers:
    i just noticed last week.. one of my insurance blogs lost 20 positions for 3 keywords in Bing.. am not sure if its some fluctuations or any change in their policies.. will wait for a week or two and hope they are back..

danmon, May 25, 2011 IP
  3. LondonHomes

LondonHomes Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you pushing out new content on your blog?
    I tend to notice with my blog posts they start out strong but then lose position to newer content. I think this is they way it is with blogs, new content will rank for a short period but unless it starts to get a lot of links it will be replaced as it becomes older.

LondonHomes, May 25, 2011 IP
  4. maddog13r

maddog13r Peon

Best Answers:
    My primary issue is with their index. I opened a thread on Bing's forum and it appears others have the same issue. If a percentage of my white-hat sites are not indexed, I suspected the issue might be more broad. Judging by responses to the thread on Bing, I am right. It is hard to tell the true depth of the issue. The sites not listed in Bing/Yahoo are well positioned in Google. Users of search engines need to understand Bing/Yahoo lack countless sites ... in short, their results are flawed. I plan to start a few blogs on issue to raise awareness, etc. I am not concerned that my sites are not on the main page ... the concern is that they are not indexed at all.

maddog13r, May 25, 2011 IP
  5. intuziast

intuziast Member

Best Answers:
    Bing likes old sites.
    Yahoo like links from articles.
    Try article marketing, and Yahoo will appreciate

intuziast, May 25, 2011 IP
  6. maddog13r

maddog13r Peon

Best Answers:
    Each site lost in Bing/Yahoo is averages 3yrs old. Yahoo is now Bing:) When you search yahoo, you will see powered by Bing at the bottom. Bing took over yahoo in the Fall of 2010. I have maintained multiple article campaigns over the last few couple of years as well. Something is definitely wrong with Bing/Yahoo and it is unfortunately for the people using their services ... in short, their results are incomplete.

maddog13r, May 27, 2011 IP
  7. danmon

danmon Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have a static site.. as well as a blog.. i update the blog twice a week.. but all my positions were for static pages, and these pages dropped positions.. hopefully this week they will be back..

danmon, May 28, 2011 IP
  8. aishalal

aishalal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Have you tried Bing webmaster tools?

aishalal, May 28, 2011 IP
  9. MTG

MTG Peon

Best Answers:
    In all honesty I think it is pointless to worry about Bing/Yahoo, the main reason because that if you can rank high in Google the rest of the search engines will follow the pattern. Not saying that the other search engines are worthless they can certainly gain you traffic but any webmasters main concern should be with Google first!

Thanks

MTG, May 28, 2011 IP
  10. flipperman

flipperman Peon

Best Answers:
    i do not know about the alg of yahoo and bing but i see some of my site that are just created a few days and start getting over 100 traffic from those site cuz it does rank my site on first page and a few months later start disapearing and start showing in google instead. do not know why !

flipperman, May 29, 2011 IP
  11. danmon

danmon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would not agree to this because i am already dominating google for my keywords but was not on yahoo and bing. Was on the end of page one and beginning of page 2..
    ofcourse i do get decent amount of traffic from them thats why i optimise for them also..

unfortunately not seen any improvements even after more than a week =(

danmon, May 30, 2011 IP
  12. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    I find it ridiculous that sometimes Yahoo / Bing won't even index your site. For example one of my established sites has thousands of indexed pages in Google and receive thousands of unique visitors every month. Yahoo indexed less than 100 pages and the traffic is basically zero. For some reason Yahoo won't index and rank my site even though I have a lot of backlinks.

zexy, May 30, 2011 IP
  13. Mamazhi

Mamazhi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know why Bing sometimes confusing

Mamazhi, May 30, 2011 IP
  14. huyforex

huyforex Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i only concentrate at google, i dont know about that

huyforex, May 30, 2011 IP
  15. TheMissingLink007

TheMissingLink007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep i agree google is the best in my opinion and most users use google instead of yahoo or bing they have too much clutter for me.

TheMissingLink007, May 30, 2011 IP