1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Automatic Backlinks Link Exchange Penalizes PR!!!!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by justifyleo, Aug 28, 2009.

I just want to warn everyone that I signed up for Automatic Backlinks link exchange program because I actually thought this was a safe way to exchange links. http://www.automaticbacklinks.com/

However I was wrong and got penalized on Google making my PR to Zero.

I had to remove all the links associated with Automatic Backlinks and then submit a reconsideration request to Google acknowledging that automatic backlinks is a huge no no and I will never do it again, luckily Google re-instated my PR just recently.

Just a heads up to the community.

justifyleo, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  2. papastiffy

papastiffy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm a bit new to link building and the LAST thing I need is a faulty link system. lol

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for things like that from now on, thanks again.

papastiffy, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  3. Deus Ex

Deus Ex Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the heads up and yeah, auto link exchanges don't work at all -- link exchanges in their own right really don't work either due to Google's hilltop algo as well as a few other algos I can't seem to remember -- The idea of neighborhoods is studied by google in relation to the number and quality of links you have leading to your site.

Deus Ex, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  4. Bofu2U

Bofu2U Peon

Best Answers:
    Your PR dropping isn't necessarily a bad thing, did your rankings drop as well?

Bofu2U, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  5. danalingga

danalingga Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this info. So, auto backlink is bad boy in gogle eyes.

danalingga, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  6. soia15

soia15 Peon

Best Answers:
    are you sure you were penalized? What happen to me was that I lost PR for about 1 month but my SERP’s never moved down. Actually now I’m back stronger. I’ve read, back when it happen, that google might suspect that you are buying links and just give the pages PR 0 to shake them off. So I stay put and like I said was back to normal. :cool:

soia15, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  7. MervinKoops

MervinKoops Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah this doesn't surprise me, these sorts of programs cause a lot of problems.

MervinKoops, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  8. moneymaker1008

moneymaker1008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's never a good idea to use these types of programs. I think it's because you end up linking to "bad neighborhoods" without even realizing it, since you can't monitor all the sites you're linking to.

-Danielle

moneymaker1008, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  9. soia15

soia15 Peon

Best Answers:
    like I said...no problems my PR came back in a little bit over a month and things back to normal. I dont say you should use it but it works for me.:)

soia15, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  10. automaticbacklinks

automaticbacklinks Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

The effect you experienced is indeed a "link shaking" and is not really a punishment.

If you at the time checked your ranking and not just your PageRank you would have seen that your ranking was still intact.

When Google suddenly sees several new external links on a page with PageRank that has not changed for a while it will think that maybe the owner has started to sell links on the page. The best way to test this is to remove the Toolbar PageRank. When the PageRank becomes 0 the people paying for links will quickly remove their links (and probably ask for their money back).

In Automatic Backlinks we see this happening all the time and we encourage users not to panic when this happens. Your ranking is still intact and everything is fine.

After about 1 month of having PageRank 0 your page will once again have it's original PageRank back.

In regards to bad link neighbourhoods then we have several quality measures in place to both prevent the inclusion of, and quickly remove, low quality sites that may be considered bad neighborhoods.

The vast majority of our users see a huge increase in their search engine position within 30 days or less.

automaticbacklinks, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  11. Morrow66

Morrow66 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks alot just removed my sites from there seems one of them did get its Pr reduced :(

Morrow66, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  12. automaticbacklinks

automaticbacklinks Member

Best Answers:
    Again... it is only the PR that gets dropped not the ranking of the site. You are not being punished by Google they are just trying to scare you to see if the links added are paid.

automaticbacklinks, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  13. MasterLinker

MasterLinker Guest

Best Answers:
    After sitting on the sidelines for a while, I have to chime in on this topic. In our vast research and experience, automatic backlinking systems are safe and the comments by Automatic Backlinks are valid: your site is not losing any value when Google temporarily assigns it a PR of 0. Rather, it's a temporary scare tactic as they try to police the internet to conform to its wishes.

Two points to consider:

1. Google is diminishing its use of PageRank (read their latest patent), so do not rely on PageRank as a measure of SEO success.

2. True SEO success is measured by your website's rankings in search results for the keywords of your choice. That is the only metric that matters.

As long as you use a reputable automatic backlinking system, you don't have to worry about being penalized by search engines. That's because such systems closely monitor and police their subscribers to ensure only valid websites are allowed. Plus, the benefits of such systems are fantastic: relevant one-way backlinks to your website for the keywords of your choice that help your site rise to the top of search results pages.

Good luck in building backlinks...they are absolutely critical to ranking higher in search results.

MasterLinker, Sep 26, 2009 IP
  14. moneymaker1008

moneymaker1008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting how the only two users that have positive things to say about these programs, are owners of the programs themselves.

-Danielle

moneymaker1008, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  15. Vozzek

Vozzek Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not just interesting, it's borderline AMAZING! Somebody call Ripley's. And it's a good thing that lurker decided to 'chime in'... whew! We were worried there for a minute, until they began promoting their site.

What I don't understand is this: if google frowns upon this sort of thing to the point of penalizing individual sites for it, why does automatic backlinks still have a PR4? Why wouldn't google start by penalizing the source?

And if the links are related, niche-wise anyway, I don't see why they'd penalize anyone at all.

Vozzek, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  16. mdvaden

mdvaden Active Member

Best Answers:
    I explored the site today, and it the home page barely loaded. By this evening, Google said the link was broken.

Wonder if the site crashed because everybody tried to jump on the bandwagon and it could not handle the traffic.

Who knows, maybe if the site can't load merely to login, it may not be able to load links fast enough at other sites.

mdvaden, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  17. khongwir

khongwir Peon

Best Answers:
    Never use automatic link exchangers. Getting them manually is worth the while

khongwir, May 29, 2011 IP
  18. tbutterfly

tbutterfly Member

Best Answers:
    fortunately I did not sign up, even though I was interested in this program, thank you for the info

tbutterfly, Oct 4, 2013 IP