1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Moof.com (Premium 4 letter .com) - Music Site With Over 11k members

Discussion in 'Sites' started by jburdon14, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Gallabanga

Gallabanga Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    To pricey. I'd take it all for $5000.

Gallabanga, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  2. jburdon14

jburdon14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I don't even know you.. And what have I promised? Haha.. I have told the truth about everything and I am more than will to prove everything I have said to any potential buyer.

jburdon14, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  3. footballmad

footballmad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's a very nice site and if I had a spare $10K I'd definitely buy it. It has great potential. I've just singed up and could really use something like this.

Obviously filling it up with adverts would put a lot of people off, however I've got a nice idea for advert revenue. I'd get rid of the youtube logo which shows for each video and add your own logo in place. Also how about trying pre-rolling ads, which members will see 2 or 3 times a day max. This can be added quite easil on jw player http://www.longtailvideo.com/adsolution/demos/pre-roll . With a good ad network you'd probably rake in the money. If the OP tries this and posts the results I'm sure he'll find it a lot easier to make the sale.

footballmad, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  4. jburdon14

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Footballmad - Thanks for the great suggestions.

I have had a few questions so I thought I would post the answers here for everyone's use:

Why am I selling? I own another very successful website that requires my full attention. I was going to develop Moof.com but I do not have the time need to properly do so.

Why have I not monetized the site? I was going to throw some ads on the site; however, I didn't want to clutter up the site and pi** off our 12k members. There are many great ways that one could monetize Moof ( I have a few ideas) but would need some PHP coding work.

Will I consider offers? I will consider all reasonable offers, please PM me with all offers..

jburdon14, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  5. ContentKings

ContentKings Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Could you answer the following question:

Why are you selling it for $25,000 when you bought it for $5,000? And yet you have only increased member count by about 1000-2000 members in that time!

I know all the details as I was one of the first interested parties

ContentKings, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  6. jburdon14

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You do not know the details of the sale, nor do I understand why you care.. People flip websites all of the time and there is nothing wrong with doing so... We started the listing for 50k because of the great domain, large number of users, and unique design... We have since reduced to 25k since the site has not been monetized.

We originally purchased moof.com with the idea of developing it; however, due to the success of our other site we have decided to put 100% of our focus on it... What I have described about moof.com is 100% true and it is a great site with a great domain... Just because you may not have that much money, or because you may not be interested does not mean you should spam other people's threads...

To any potential buyer.. I can provide proof that everything I have said about Moof.com is 100% true.

Thanks!

jburdon14, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  7. ContentKings

ContentKings Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good Luck trying to sell it then, you'll need it

ContentKings, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  8. jburdon14