1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Pics9.com - 3 years old image hosting website with traffic - 24 hour quick sale

Discussion in 'Sites' started by proxified, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    The site for sale is pics9.com

I have had the site from past 3 years, I never promoted it and it has been there with traffic without any promotion at all. The site isn't monetized at all so there's no revenue.

I din't have time to promote, moderate or to look after it so it does have some adult images on it too as visitors would have uploaded them. Its running on mihalism multihost script v5.0.3 and does allow hotlinking of images at present though you can always disallow hotlinking to prevent stealing of bandwidth.

The traffic levels were usually low on the site but from past 3 months traffic have boosted and is taking up good amount of bandwidth(see the traffic charts below) with about 1.8 million pageviews so far and diskspace(Approx. 10GB) with approximately 50,000 images.

Awstats for 2010

http://www.pics9.com/viewer.php?file=21952662424846239310.png

Awstats for 2011

http://www.pics9.com/viewer.php?file=35693778323116849336.png

Statcounter stats for 2011

http://statcounter.com/project/standard/stats.php?project_id=6416618&guest=1

The site have got good potential if promoted and monetized well. I've no time to take care of it anymore due to the strict schedule keeping me busy so I'm selling it off for this cheap.

This has been relisted as previous buyer failed to pay the purchase amount.

The auction starts with just $30 and the bin price is $300.

I'll grant the cpanel access to buyer for transferring the site, if bought at BIN I'll help you in transferring the site to your hosting account. You must move the site to your hosting account within 15 days of purchase.

proxified, May 28, 2011 IP
  2. shareservices

shareservices Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It says "(must be at least $100.00)"

shareservices, May 29, 2011 IP
  3. proxified

proxified Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah, I apologize for that. Actually I just copy pasted my previous sale thread and forgot to change the figure. i already have $100 offer so starting the bid at $100 and I cannot change the text in the main post now.

proxified, May 29, 2011 IP
  4. Channing

Channing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Really does not take long to set up Google ads or any other ads. I'm always suspicious when a seller says he had no time to monetize a site. It's not rocket science. But you have good feedback and obviously have been doing business for awhile. Why didn't you monetize it?

Channing, May 29, 2011 IP
  5. proxified

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I never said that i din't have time to monetize, i said I din't have time to promote :)

i din't monetize it as it was created for serving a specific group of people and not for earning money. But as it has grown alot in size I'm not willing to keep it anymore on my server.

6. Wizza

Wizza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    EDIT:

Just re-read your post.

Wizza, May 29, 2011 IP
  7. Wizza

Wizza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I'll bid $100. Can you tell me what space and bandwidth you use?

Wizza, May 29, 2011 IP
  8. Channing

Channing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Oh, I know you did not say that. I was throwing that phrase out there because it is the common one sellers give when you ask them why they did not monetize. lol. It was a statement on my part to solicit a different reason from you, and your reason makes sense to me. I have set up sites in the past for purposes other than for money as well.

What kind of server setup do you have for this site right now? Is it on a small, medium or large VPS or on a Dedicated Server alone? Thanks!

Channing, May 29, 2011 IP
  9. proxified

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Its currently on a vps, though I had it on a shared hosting account with justhost from long time. I had to shift it to my vps as the shared hosting account expired and I din't wanted to pay for its hosting and din't even wanted to put the site down. It should work well with a good shared hosting if they allow you to host 10gb site.

BTW I already have 3 people now who're willing to buy it. The previous buyer signed in again and said he'll pay $200 for it tommorow, another buyer paying $200 asked me to put on google analytics to judge it for a day before he buys, and another buyer who is willing to pay $150 right away with no complications.

And I'm looking for a quick sale as I'm pissed up of this site sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.