1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

8% of men & 4% of women has sex with animal in USA

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Vebtools, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think fish suffer less, than say a pig, goat, or cow would. With my animals, I feed them mainly fish and chicken ingredients. Of course, birds and fish suffer as well, but for whatever reason, I find it less disturbing than the killing of larger animals.

lol.

Rebecca, May 28, 2011 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You notice PETA never goes out of it's way to protect the rights of abused fish, alligators, snakes, crustaceans, or insects. Even birds play second fiddle to any mammal, and not all mammals are created equal in the eyes of PETA.

It breaks down like this. If it is cute and furry with big doe like eyes, it has feelings, more so if it has personality. Otherwise, kick it, beat it, kill it, stab it, stuff it, mount it, and you'll get no complaint from PETA. This is why you see such an uproar over the killing of baby harp seals:
    [​IMG]

While absolutely nobody gives a rats ass what you do with a fish

[​IMG]

Its a sad, cruel, reality we all grow up with, that is equally applicable amongst the human species, regardless of race, though many people try and deny it.

People with good looks receive a higher standing in respect and esteem from those around them by default.

Obamanation, May 29, 2011 IP
  3. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, you have a really weird view of the world.
    Do you run around screaming at lions to not eat meat as well?
    Damn racist homofobic lions... right? I bet they are undercover nazis, all of them..
    You make me laugh.

Wulkanen, May 29, 2011 IP
  4. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    Haha, I love how you argue against yourself.
    Don't you know that humans are animals?

5. omicreon

omicreon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I've read that fish have less developed brains than mammals, so they might suffer less. Small birds on the other hand have pretty large brains. They have a smaller body-to-brain ratio than humans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain-to-body_mass_ratio

Alex, the talking parrot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6KvPN_Wt8I

But yeah, humans have more empathy for those who are similar to us. Fish live in the water and birds live in the air, so as earth creatures it's harder for us to relate to them, so humans instinctively have less empathy for them. People usually have less empathy for those who are different, even for those in our own species, like black people and homosexuals. But people become more and more aware all the time, which expands our love.

But if you look at sharks, you can notice from their eyes that they don't have a soul, and don't have much feelings, and they mostly just thinking about killing and surviving:

[​IMG]

Especially basking sharks. They have an even more braindead look in their eyes and you can see that they only think about food:

[​IMG]

Ok, I'm joking sort of, but they do look pretty braindead.

omicreon, May 29, 2011 IP
  6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, in retrospect our fundraisers *did* go a lot better before we replaced the annual fish fry with the baby seal cook-off.

robjones, May 29, 2011 IP
  7. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    Do you know anything about sharks or are you just making things up as you go along?

"Contrary to the common wisdom that sharks are instinct-driven "eating machines", recent studies have indicated that many species possess powerful problem-solving skills, social skills and curiosity. The brain- to body-mass ratios of sharks are similar to mammals and birds."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark#Intelligence

8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Actually, PETA has renamed fish "sea kittens" as a campaign to make them more attractive. :)

I'll admit, I feel more empathy towards a baby seal than a fish. Part of that, is an assumption that they are more capable of feeling pain. But, who knows - I may be wrong. Years ago, many didn't even believe any animals (besides humans) were able to feel pain. Here's something I found on Wikipedia, it seems to be a view of both sides.

I think you're right.

Wow. The video says Alex is paying attention to the question and can actually understand what is being asked. I had assumed parrots were capable of just repeating words, that's interesting. With chickens, I did find this, it's saying that they have empathy.

Sharks do look kind of creepy. Part of that too is just knowing they can be a predator of humans. I wouldn't want one to suffer, on the other hand it's harder to feel empathy for a creature that is likely to tear off your arms and legs if it gets hungry...I like dolphins better. :)

Rebecca, May 29, 2011 IP
  9. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    Yeh, dolphins are better. =)
    But most sharks rarely attack if you don't wander in to their territory or threaten them someway.
    In other words, they don't hunt humans, but they can bite you if you get too close.

10. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Since Omicrion posts whatever enters his cranium regardless of merit (overpopulation keeps the economy afloat; having a system of money dooms humanity to oblivion, etc)... I figure I should help him out with theories of my own.

Dolphins (ok, porpoises) are really much more bloodthirsty than sharks
    They're just smarter about it. Sure, they DO occasionally drag some hapless swimmer to shore thereby saving his life, but it's part of their plan to get good press. There's a non-response bias involved, cause the much greater number of swimmers they carry out to sea and drown before eating can't tell the papers about it.

robjones, May 29, 2011 IP
  11. K.Meier

K.Meier Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Just sick.

K.Meier, May 29, 2011 IP
  12. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    When I think of a shark attack, it's hard to imagine a more horrible death. But, you're right, and shark attacks are not that common. I've read there are about 60 cases reported yearly worldwide, and fortunately, most of them were not fatal.

Rebecca, May 29, 2011 IP
  13. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Not so for Gators.......back to the good old days.

Breeze Wood, May 30, 2011 IP
  14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Obamanation, I appreciate it very much.:D

popotalk, May 30, 2011 IP
  15. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're in your forties , have a beer belly and approaching expiration term fast .

ApocalypseXL, May 30, 2011 IP
  16. cPAce

cPAce Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, this is uh a pretty weird topic. The thing I want to know is, how the hell did you actually find some sort of statistics on this lol.

Im loving the chalk board think btw lol:
    [​IMG]

cPAce, May 30, 2011 IP
  17. SEO Tard

SEO Tard Guest

Best Answers:
    hahahaha, that's got to be the funniest statistic I've ever heard of... trust the American's to pull that one off ;) No offence to anyone, just thought it was rather humorous :)

SEO Tard, May 30, 2011 IP
  18. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He didn't . There are no valid statistics about this , it's just a number someone pulled out of the air . Otherwise it would be all over the media .

ApocalypseXL, May 30, 2011 IP
  19. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    whether the argument is true? terrible have sex with animals.

wekop, Jun 9, 2011 IP