1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

8% of men & 4% of women has sex with animal in USA

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Vebtools, Jan 16, 2011.

1. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm all for people being vegetarians... leaves more steak for me.

I will admit that since finding out what it meant to be a vegetarian, I've kept a safe distance from anyone claiming to be a humanitarian.

robjones, May 27, 2011 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Inherited from what life form specifically?

Again, show me how to determine consent with regard to an animal? How would you know if they consent or not?

I did not say anything about meat. I'm talking about all living things. Care to explain how humane it is to end the life of an innocent plant or vegetable? For that matter, do cucumbers consent?

Mia, May 27, 2011 IP
  3. omicreon

omicreon Peon

Best Answers:
    In the future we'll be able to eat animal meat without killing or hurting animals.

If it's behaving in the way that it appears to be consenting. One thing is sure: no animal consents to being murdered, so wouldn't you agree that you have a major double standard here? People who eat meat shouldn't have any problem with people having sex with animals either, even if it was without consent.

Plants are a completely different thing than animals, because plants don't have the ability to feel pain.

omicreon, May 27, 2011 IP
  4. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, and we'll have little jet packs and ray guns. It'll be neat, but until then I plan to eat steaks, spare ribs, and whatever else is tasty when dead and grilled.

If your objection to sex with animals is that they might get hurt... you gotta get out more. Is it that hard to find human women where you live?

I'm telling my elm tree you said that.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
    robjones, May 27, 2011 IP
  5. omicreon

omicreon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I actually eat meat too, lol, even though I know it's wrong. Anyway, my point was just pointing out the double standard of most meat eaters.

omicreon, May 28, 2011 IP
  6. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Eating meat is not wrong, it has been a part of our lifestyle for a very long time.
    It's the massproduction and poor living conditions of some of the animals we eat that is wrong.

Although it might be wrong in one way, our population is growing hysterically and the more we get the more we eat.
    So the best way would not be to stop eating meat, it would be to stop having more than 1-2 kids.. That way we would not have to
    mass-produce everything more and more.

Wulkanen, May 28, 2011 IP
  7. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Codythebest, May 28, 2011 IP
  8. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    In the Garden what is eaten is Earned, physical exertion primarily and cunning.

Buying a hamburger and the conditions of its production are a disconnect most people have little concern for.....the habitat for humanity as humanity is anything but certain.

Breeze Wood, May 28, 2011 IP
  9. omicreon

omicreon Peon

Best Answers:
    Just because something has been part of our lifestyle for long doesn't mean it's right. People were against blacks and homosexuals for a long time, but that doesn't mean it was right.

The economy requires more and more consumption and production, otherwise it collapses and we'll have social imbalance. But if humanity doesn't stop using the system of money, we will also collapse and become extinct soon: http://www.thevenusproject.com/en/a-new-social-design/resource-based-economy

10. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, eating meat is not anything like being against homosexuals or blacks. :S
    Humans eat meat, we can't just ban eating meat because some people think it's not right.

"All muscle tissue is very high in protein, containing all of the essential amino acids, and in most cases is a good source of zinc, vitamin B12, selenium, phosphorus, niacin, vitamin B6, choline, riboflavin and iron. Several forms of meat are high in vitamin K2.

Red meat, such as beef, pork, and lamb, contains many essential nutrients necessary for healthy growth and development in children.

Fruits and vegetables, by contrast, are usually lacking several essential amino acids contained in meat.
    "
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat#Nutrition

Wulkanen, May 28, 2011 IP
  11. omicreon

omicreon Peon

Best Answers:
    It is actually, because it's being against a specific expression of life, namely animals, which are creatures with feelings just like we have, so they also have right to their life. Even though animals may be less worth than humans, it doesn't give us the right to slaughter them, like Hitler did with homosexuals and blacks (the difference is that the slaughter of animals happens every day, not just when Hitler lived).

Vegetarians are usually healthier than meat-eaters and live longer, because they eat more natural and raw food, like vegetables and fruits.

Since you think eating meat is ok, I assume you also think having sex with animals is ok? They are just pieces of meat right, so their feelings don't matter? Maybe humans could also be eaten, as long as they are humanely murdered?

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  12. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm a vegetarian too, and I love animals. I also have a dog and several cats. I believe dogs are omnivores, but to a lesser extent than humans are. I've experimented a bit with CoCo (my dog), and he's made it clear, he has no interest in being a vegetarian -- AT ALL. My cats, of course, they are strictly carnivores, and would die without meat. So, I've thought a lot about this, and realized if I were a good enough vegetarian activist, if I could change society, the end result is that my pets that I love so much could possibly starve (we don't live in an area where they could hunt).

You have to consider as well, even eating grains can cause a lot of death and suffering. According to the best page in the universe, the process of harvesting wheat and soy kills millions of animals every year.

Rebecca, May 28, 2011 IP
  13. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's flawless reasoning like this that makes the p&r section so fun to read.

robjones, May 28, 2011 IP
  14. omicreon

omicreon Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say that you would love your pets if you would let them starve to death. It would be illogical to not let animals, especially carnivores, to eat meat. There's nothing wrong with animals eating animals, because they don't have the consciousness and empathy to understand that it's wrong, thus it's not wrong for them, it's only wrong for us humans. Just as it's not wrong for earthquakes to kill, it's not wrong for animals to kill.

Of course we have to cause some suffering and deaths if we live on earth because suffering and death is a part of life, but that doesn't mean we should cause more suffering and deaths than is needed.

Sincerely yours,
    God

15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes, but if we brought about a world where slaughtering animals for meat consumption was illegal, this would be the difficulty people with dogs and cats would face. That's why animal groups like PETA that advocate vegetarianism, would also like to reduce/eliminate companion pets.

Actually, I disagree as far as consciousness and empathy, of course many of them regularly display both qualities. Here's an article that talks about empathy in dogs. Let's say, as far as "not knowing it's wrong" well, if my dog were hungry, and goes after a rabbit - I'm not sure if I would call that "wrong" - I would call that survival instinct, and wanting to live. Would it be right and moral if my dog chose to starve instead? So, if you think it would be illogical not to let animals eat meat, do you still believe humans should kill animals to serve it to their pets? If not, should people let their pets starve in city areas where hunting is not a possibility?

Can't really argue with that.

Rebecca, May 28, 2011 IP
  16. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry i don't have a lot of time to post this days . Just a fun little fact since vegetarians are so nice and cuddly - you do know that Hitler was vegetarian , right ?

ApocalypseXL, May 28, 2011 IP
  17. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here ya go

save a cow.jpg

18. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    that'll do i guess.. Though i would guess male vegetarians do not taste very good, unless castrated at a proper age

thesickearth, May 28, 2011 IP
  19. omicreon

omicreon Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, obviously animals have consciousness and empathy, otherwise there would be nothing wrong in killing them :p Note that I said that they don't have consciousness to understand that killing is wrong. Nothing in the universe is entirely devoid of consciousness.

Of course. It's fine to give fish to cats. If we didn't kill the food-source for our pets, they would do it by themselves, so it doesn't matter who does the killing, so the people who say that we shouldn't have pets haven't really thought it through.

Of course not. Who could argue with God himself.

20. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I said the same thing to the sofa last week, but the point was so obvious it didnt even bother to reply.