1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2500 hops 0 sales?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by flegmatic, May 19, 2011.

I started to work with article marketing and I had 2500 hop link counts and 0 sales and 0 everything... nobody even clicked on order page.

I picked up good products and great articles.

Really don't know what is going on. Please HELP!

flegmatic, May 19, 2011 IP
  2. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously your traffic wasn't well targeted for the products you were promoting...

dlm, May 19, 2011 IP
  3. sundeep.shetty03

sundeep.shetty03 Peon

Best Answers:
    @dlm your are right .... their will be no traffic interested to look into it...

sundeep.shetty03, May 19, 2011 IP
  4. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

Best Answers:
    There's something not quite right there mate. By the law of averages you should of had at least a dozen sales with the information you've provided. I think you certainly need to rethink your campaign and use low competitive keywords and always know who your target market is and what kind of demand there is for your affiliate products.

Mark :)

shmeeko69, May 20, 2011 IP
  5. flegmatic

flegmatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why to use low competitive keywords? I got 2500 hop counts anyway. I think my clicks are targeted visitors because they wouldn't click if they are not interested. I wrote review article about product with high grav and posted.I Don't know where is my mistake.

flegmatic, May 20, 2011 IP
  6. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Trust me - 2500 hops, 0 sales and 0 order form impressions...the problem is your traffic is VERY poorly targeted. End of discussion.

dlm, May 20, 2011 IP
  7. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    show your articles, your product - its failing, it's not like youre giving away a winning campaign here... show what you've done and get actual feedback on it rather than just speculation... ahem, but the speculation is probably right...

Dan Bainbridge, May 20, 2011 IP
  8. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's hardly speculation....it's a proven fact that crap traffic = piss poor conversions.......untargeted traffic = no conversions....his articles must be rubbish or the product is absolute crap....

terryd, May 20, 2011 IP
  9. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    ...or the articles don't match the product well

dlm, May 21, 2011 IP
  10. coast.dwane

coast.dwane Peon

Best Answers:
    As @dlm said your problem is that you are sending untargetted traffic to your affiliate sales page.

coast.dwane, May 21, 2011 IP
  11. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Landing page not appealing, untargeted/bot traffic will give you such poor stats. I suggest trying different traffic sources and see what fits you best.

Guisbar, May 21, 2011 IP
  12. frozenboy328

frozenboy328 Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe the product you have choosen has very high competition, so you must work very hard to get the result.

frozenboy328, May 22, 2011 IP
  13. xixi12

xixi12 Peon

Best Answers:
    you maybe targeting the wrong kind of traffic - or maybe the program you are marketing is highly competitive. There is something not quite right

xixi12, May 23, 2011 IP
  14. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well recently with 2 affiliate accounts I've had zero sales in a week! Despite sending my usual hundred hops per day to each.

This is pissing me off. I'm gonna do a Camtasia of the sales process to see if I get the credit or not.

rolf, May 23, 2011 IP
  15. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

Best Answers:
    You have to change something because what you're doing at present based on the information provided is failing you big time!

Mark

shmeeko69, May 23, 2011 IP
  16. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    the product must be bad if nobody is buying it

blogaboutnothin, May 23, 2011 IP
  17. gamingmaster42

gamingmaster42 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow that's some really untargeted traffic your sending.

gamingmaster42, May 23, 2011 IP
  18. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    agree with @submp3 - show us what you're doing and we'll tell you how to improve what you're doing!

tankard, May 27, 2011 IP
  19. wertheim

wertheim Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually, I am not so sure that these numbers should be so shocking, and I will tell you why. Does anyone here ever take the time to think about the monumental failure rate of newly created adwords campaigns and accounts? With respect to the click-throughs, the numbers are not measured in the low 4 digits, they are measured in the tens of thousands, and hundreds of thousands of clicks which very often when you start out amount to ZERO results when trying to promote an affiliate product.

On the face of it, you would think that this should not be. After all someone is clicking on a short, concise description of what is coming next when they do click on it. Why should the conversion rate be so low (or non-existent). What can be more targeted than that? The reality is that its not enough to write a good little ad block. The landing page has to make the user comfortable or they will bounce out. When you do any kind of marketing like you are doing you need to be able to examine the bounce rate. If you are hosting your own landing page then you can get stats on how quickly folks bounce out. Back in the early days of adwords I was shocked to learn how quickly my traffic was getting out. You have to do what you can to learn why this is happening IF you can even measure that.

Article marketing is in some ways the same. They may like your article fine, but when they get to the landing page they just feel uncomfortable there and just head for the back button. If this is happening to you then you have to consider the possibility that you are failing to "warm them up" for what comes next. If so, you have to work on that.

Conversion rates for all types of marketing can be effected by so my little things. Sometimes it is just a piece of punctuation, and you would never know until you take it out and put it back after lots of testing. The thing to do is to take the time to try to redirect your traffic to different offers during your testing phase to see if the results vary. Run different offers and switch after a given number has gone by. That is how you get good data. Trial and error and constant testing will eventually get you where you want to go.

wertheim, May 27, 2011 IP
  20. sfbay

sfbay Peon

Best Answers:
    Got to be the traffic. If you are using plr article, stop and write unique keyword article and post them to your website. Build backlinks from here and quality traffic will come as you move up in the ranks.

sfbay, May 28, 2011 IP