1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link building in the absence of pagerank

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by arcadeorama, May 23, 2011.

I'm wondering if it makes any sense to continue trying to build links for a site when clearly Google isn't planning on giving it a pagerank any time soon. I'm not sure how to measure progress in that case. I wish Google had some indication of penalties and what you could do about them... I don't know if any additional links with be worth the effort.

And to save time... I know all about PR being worthless, worry about traffic/revenue/SERPs/visitors/sunspots, etc. I just want what other sites have. I'm not planning on selling PR/links/advertising (although if a fool and his money wanted to be parted, I'm willing to help... ;-)

arcadeorama, May 23, 2011 IP
  2. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    basically i will look at the website's content, the website with quality content probably will gain natural link in future which will help your website indirectly. And, always forget about those site with tons of OBL or crap site, the PR sure will drop in soon future, that's how i judge the website

lifeplayer, May 23, 2011 IP
  3. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    can you figure out WHY google doesn't like it?

contentboss, May 23, 2011 IP
  4. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    page rank is key to figure out link, its valuable or not

newlogo, May 24, 2011 IP
  5. arcadeorama

arcadeorama Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really... that's what I was saying, I wish Google was more transparent about penalties, so for example you wouldn't even bother checking pagerank for a page if it can't change (or building backlinks for it).

Out of my top 3 keywords, they're all in the top 3 (not the highest competition keywords, but still...), so I figure it can't be too bad, but I wonder what it would be like if I actually had a real pagerank.

arcadeorama, May 24, 2011 IP
  6. mtclimba

mtclimba Peon

Best Answers:
    How long have you been established? It could be that Google simply hasn't indexed your site yet. Other than that I'm not sure what to tell you other than don't give up, as lifeplayer mentioned keep creating quality content and linking to that content and it should naturally over time build itself up.

mtclimba, May 25, 2011 IP
  7. arcadeorama

arcadeorama Peon

Best Answers:
    It's been at least a year. It's pretty well indexed by Google for some time now. I guess I'll keep trying to add new links, if nothing else then to keep up my SERP positions. I would have thought a company like Google could come up with something a little better than what they're doing with the toolbar pagerank indicator... oh well, need to remember the Serenity prayer, I guess.

arcadeorama, May 25, 2011 IP
  8. TheMissingLink007

TheMissingLink007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Long as you have quality content continue to do it. It helps in serps and eventually will help in pr. Just stick with it.

TheMissingLink007, May 25, 2011 IP
  9. mtclimba

mtclimba Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it is mind boggling. But, remember also that Google PR doesn't really measure anything significant and as you said it doesn't effect your SERPs, that's what is more important. I understand your frustration though. Another thing I was thinking about is what your market is. If you are in a niche industry that isn't very popular the highest authority pages like a .org/.gov pages may only have a PR6, and that means that even the most authoritative sights aren't PR10. Does that make sense?

mtclimba, May 25, 2011 IP
  10. derick.derick

derick.derick Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Link building do works not instead of PR but to make PR high.We just need to do is search good quality link building sites and it will help in ranking page higher.

derick.derick, May 25, 2011 IP
  11. PageRanked

PageRanked Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes getting good PR takes time. You should also make sure you are building links to your internal webpages. This is very important and will help your home page. Try to get solid links that have a good PR and not very many comments.

PageRanked, May 26, 2011 IP
  12. johnwho

johnwho Peon

Best Answers:
    Niche related links are way more powerful than high PR general sites. So try that. I have gained a PR 2 on my old MLM site for 5 months and honestly can't do it now for my newer sites. I'm focused on traffic and sales..

johnwho, May 26, 2011 IP
  13. boy_lx84

boy_lx84 Peon

Best Answers:
    once again. PR doesn't matter so don't build a site base on their PR. Build SERP

boy_lx84, May 27, 2011 IP
  14. iTechGeek

iTechGeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Concentrate on getting more traffic to your site via Social networking medium. Google can't ignore you for a very long time if traffic on your site surges. Try to retain incoming users by providing something good and concentrate on your strength. Use Google keywords to search relevant terms to your site and write content where the competition is less. Well, the list goes on and on....

iTechGeek, May 27, 2011 IP
  15. sfbay

sfbay Peon

Best Answers:
    The only way to build SERP is to backlink with relevant high page rank websites.

sfbay, May 27, 2011 IP