1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some Social Bookmarking Strategies for Success

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by monsur, May 13, 2011.

Social bookmarking is one of the best ways to get your websites ranking well and for getting direct traffic. The search engines know that the social bookmarking sites are a direct indicator of what people are actual interested in. Sure, they know marketers use it, but they realize that the majority of content that is social bookmarked multiple times is real content that people are finding useful and interesting.

You can take advantage of this and use social bookmarking to get your sites ranking well for their keywords.

Firstly, you need to open an account on some social bookmarking sites. Rather than social bookmark each site manually, look at software such as OnlyWire which semi-automates the process. This will make your life a lot easier.

Once you have your account set up, find some Internet marketing colleagues, friends or family who would be willing to set up an account themselves with Onlywire.

Then you simply trade bookmarks. They bookmark your sites, you bookmark theirs.

Most marketers only have their sites bookmarked once, and very occasionally more than once. The search engines are probably very aware of this and so pay more attention to sites that have multiple bookmarks on a single site.

This simple technique can easily get you multiple bookmarks and will give your sites a much needed boost in the search engines.

Alternatively, you can outsource the bookmarking and hire people to do it for you. This will very quickly add up if you are creating a lot of sites. You can find people on forums such as Digitalpoint who will do it very cheaply for you, but it is still going to add up.

You can apply the same technique to sites such as Stumbleupon and Digg, both of which can potentially get you massive amounts of traffic. These sites expect more newsworthy and interesting articles. With a well written article you can expect thousands of visitors in a day, quite literally.

Setting up multiple social bookmarking accounts yourself and bookmarking your sites is possible. However, these sites are smart and will realize what you are doing unless you hide behind proxies. This can be done, but often the hassle isn't worth it, particularly when it is easy to network with other marketers.

Networking with other marketers and trading bookmarks also has a side effect of building your network of contacts. These could potentially turn into joint venture partners, product partners or more in the future.

Social bookmarking is an excellent way for you to get traffic both from the search engines and from the social bookmarking sites. Do it well and you can benefit from great search engine rankings and massive traffic.

monsur, May 13, 2011 IP
  2. bnathan

bnathan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi monsur, great article! But I never had good success with social bookmarks - no direct traffic and Google doesn't seem to care about these links - I had a few hundred and my rank didn't increase at all - the content was good, too.

bnathan, May 15, 2011 IP
  3. K_O_S

K_O_S Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks monsur! Article is very useful.

K_O_S, May 15, 2011 IP
  4. SteveTasovski

SteveTasovski Member

Best Answers:
    fantastic tips monsur! thank you for sharing.

SteveTasovski, May 16, 2011 IP
  5. webwebby

webwebby Member

Best Answers:
    great work . thanks for sharing :)

webwebby, May 16, 2011 IP
  6. popgals

popgals Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for your great ideas , social bookmarking is a basic and good way for seo .

popgals, May 17, 2011 IP
  7. socialmediamarketing01

socialmediamarketing01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good Posting.
    Social Media Features added to the content itself including the RSS Feeds, Social News & sharing Buttons, User Rating & Polling Tools an incorporating the third party community functionalitis like Images & Video.

socialmediamarketing01, May 17, 2011 IP
  8. bradjohnson

bradjohnson Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for share this article with here....

bradjohnson, May 17, 2011 IP
  9. ajbaumer

ajbaumer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very well said, will keep those in mind :) Thanks for sharing.

ajbaumer, May 17, 2011 IP
  10. seekcares.com

seekcares.com Peon

Best Answers:
    great work .
    thanks

seekcares.com, May 17, 2011 IP
  11. Neal_Morgan

Neal_Morgan Peon

Best Answers:
    I din't know about Onlywire, i'll be checking that one out, i'm very interested in working with others to bookmark sites

Neal_Morgan, May 18, 2011 IP
  12. digcot

digcot Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting part.

digcot, May 26, 2011 IP
  13. mtclimba

mtclimba Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this suggestion, I'm going to try this. Even if it doesn't effect the SERPs, it sounds like it could drive traffic to your site and hopefully that could lead to increased conversions. This is a great resource to get me thinking of new ideas if nothing else, thanks again!

mtclimba, May 26, 2011 IP
  14. ajbaumer

ajbaumer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totally agree! Social Bookmarking is one of the easiest and fastest ways for your site to get noticed online. Sad to say there are lots of SB sites that are no longer working, but there are still lots of good sites that you can take advantage of. Keep on bookmarking and promoting your sites :)

ajbaumer, May 26, 2011 IP
  15. jackin2006

jackin2006 Member

Best Answers:
    thanks very useful and informative..thumbs up for you buddy

jackin2006, May 26, 2011 IP
  16. stevenyoung

stevenyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    Increased Traffic To Your Site - Just how well does social bookmarking drive traffic to your site? Well put it this way. If your submission makes it to the first page of a site like Del.icio.us or Digg your server may not be able to even handle the traffic!! An interesting problem to have if at the moment your web traffic is less than stellar!

Social bookmarking sites also track the links each user accesses. You can use this information to understand the demographics of those who visit your site. This data will show if you are reaching your target market. This information may also reveal new markets that are interested in your business.

stevenyoung, May 27, 2011 IP
  17. aileenwuornos

aileenwuornos Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have friends on social bookmarking sites then it will boost your visibility in social networking sites and you will get good amount of traffic.

aileenwuornos, May 27, 2011 IP
  18. kyleschen

kyleschen Peon

Best Answers:
    does this hold true with the advent of panda?

kyleschen, May 27, 2011 IP
  19. Loyalweb

Loyalweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Great Article, I hope the voyage will be successful.

Loyalweb, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  20. Nats27

Nats27 Peon

Best Answers:
    If I am the only one promoting my website posts on social bookmarking sites, would it be a negative point? My Reddit account does not allow me to share more links. It says you have posted too many links, try after an hour but that never happens. So what's the solution? Shall I make different ids and post the same content again and again on the same site?

Nats27, Jun 7, 2011 IP