1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows shared hosting with support for MS Access

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by n971, May 23, 2011.

Hi there,

Have to move from GoDaddy, don't ask me why.

I need windows shared hosting with support for MS Access databases. just find out HostGator supports only MySQL, so they are out.

Suggestions?

n971, May 23, 2011 IP
  2. itsMonicaDiaz

itsMonicaDiaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is one thing I want to discuss. As in my exoerience, if a Windows server both allows ASP and PHP, it may has some dangerous to become instable. I believe that they do not let PHP in Windows because of stability considerations.

itsMonicaDiaz, May 23, 2011 IP
  3. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't be ridiculous. Where do you get your dumb information? If you're going to post then at least let it be the truth not some made-up rambling.

ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, PERL all work - at the same time - perfectly well in Windows. There isn't, and there has never been, a stability issue or a security issue with any of these languages working together at the same time. The above poster doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

You need any particular kind of Windows hosting for Access to work - it will just work. However, Access is NOT recommended for web hosting and you would be better off using MySQL or MS SQL as a database for your web site.

RonBrown, May 23, 2011 IP
  4. helpdesk

helpdesk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check out http://www.hostingfest.com/ where you can get Windows Hosting on Windows 2008 and Windows 2003 platforms. ASP.NET 1-4 and both MSSQL 2005 and 2008, PHP, MySQL & ColdFusion are also supported.

helpdesk, May 26, 2011 IP